WD TV Live (ie WD TV 2)

Aneel,

Since AVR is displaying Dolby TruHD and Dolby Digital Plus for HD audio formats, can we say WD TV Live is capable of Bit streaming/Decoding the HD Audio formats?
Regarding DTS HD MA, I should spend some time on AVR before giving any verdict.

Hi,

Yeah, one more AV forum states WDTV Live's DD-TrueHD audio passthrough support. just now read it. But no luck with DTS-HD-MA though

thanks.

Hi,

Yeah, one more AV forum states WDTV Live's DD-TrueHD audio passthrough support. just now read it. But no luck with DTS-HD-MA though

thanks.

Whether DTS-HD-MA is a hardware or a software limitation? If it is a firmware limitation its ok, it will be there in future patches.

Hi,

thanks.

Ok, we will wait till thru some breakthru..

Just a lame question,:)already it is meant for DTS-HD-MA passthru support as it is widely stated and only approval is necessary from DTS to issue firmware.. whether any body can hack the WDTV to passthru the codes..tried anywhere ..

Whether DTS-HD-MA is a hardware or a software limitation? If it is a firmware limitation its ok, it will be there in future patches.

I guess it is both software/hardware limitation.Software cause it's a codec. And Hardware cause this codec has to be decoded. While the hardware may be cheaper than the sfotware(i.e license), it comes built in with most devices. And we just need a firmware update with the respective codec license. (This is just a wild guess, not sure.)

cheers.

After a long analysis and reading reviews about xtreamer and wd tv live, I've ordered WD TV Live today with 20north. ~7500 duty paid option.

I think the price dropped ( Sale Price: Rs.5723 (28% Off), (May be festive discount)), so the lesser price. I have to wait for atleast 3 weeks to get it in my hands. Thanks for all for making my buying decision.

Hi,

I got my WD TV Live on this weekend. Ordered from 20 north for 7.7k after using discount coupon. They took exactly 14 days for delivery.

As mentioned in Specs. its playing all the formats flawlessly.

Regards
Satya.

What type of order you made with 20north? Gift option or duty paid with 14 day express shipping or non gift no express shipping option? Just to know when I will get it, as I had made duty paid no express delivery option.

Thanks,
Peterson

What type of order you made with 20north? Gift option or duty paid with 14 day express shipping or non gift no express shipping option? Just to know when I will get it, as I had made duty paid no express delivery option.

Thanks,
Peterson

I chose gift option (Duty Free) which by default takes 14 days shipping, and arrived in 14th day.

Is there any specific reason you opted for Duty paid option?

Just to avoid unnecessary held ups with custom people. If it held up then it will be big trouble to get cleared. If gets thro' like yrs then it is well and good. I don't want to take risk, That is the reason for duty paid option.

Is there anything called WD Live Gen1 and Gen2? How to identify them? In case if I am getting Gen1, is it possible to convert it to Gen2 with a firmware update?

In some forum I read that the AV out and HDMI are not working simultaneously. Could somebody please clarify? (check the component option also). For listening to music and movie selection I wanted to use a 7 inch screen (need to check the feasibility of a touch screen option w/ WD) and once the movie is selected I wanted to switch to my PJ.

Last edited:
My friend is coming from US this weekend with a WDTV Live box for me :clapping:

Can I claim international warrranty for the box in India ? Is there any procedure that I need to follow ?

I also have a Philips HTS 4750 with me and now it's time to get an Optical-to-coax converter. Can someone recommend a good converter for me ?

Can I claim international warrranty for the box in India ? Is there any procedure that I need to follow ?

I also have a Philips HTS 4750 with me and now it's time to get an Optical-to-coax converter. Can someone recommend a good converter for me ?

1. You need to wait till WDTV live is launched in India for this. Currently, no warranty here
2. I might have one for sale . In the mean time why dont you ask your friend to get one from Monoprice:
For only $9.77 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Optical Toslink to Coaxial (RCA) Digital Audio Converter | Toslink Switch / Converter

In some forum I read that the AV out and HDMI are not working simultaneously.

They are working simultaneously. I tried connecting speakers through AV and LCD through HDMI and sound comes through both devices. It creates some sort of echo effect since there is a split-second lag between the sound from two sources.

I tried registering my product on WD site. Product got registered but it says status "out of region". There seems to be a way to transfer US warranty to India but not sure how to do that...

They are working simultaneously. I tried connecting speakers through AV and LCD through HDMI and sound comes through both devices. It creates some sort of echo effect since there is a split-second lag between the sound from two sources.

I am looking for the video part. Also can you check the component out also along w/ these two?

I am looking for the video part. Also can you check the component out also along w/ these two?

Hi, tested for the video and unfortunately it can not output video stream on multiple connections. :mad: It has menu option in settings where the video output (Composite, Component and HDMI) needs to be selected. The video is outputted only on the selected port. Other ports even if physically connected, do not output any stream.

When you order from 20north, how long does it take usually to reach?

I ordered wdtv live on 5th Dec. The status was changed to "Shipped by US Merchant" on 7th and still it hasn't reached. Status is still the same. First they gave an ETA of 19th and then 26th. But I don't think it will reach by 26th.

~Jain

When you order from 20north, how long does it take usually to reach?

I ordered wdtv live on 5th Dec. The status was changed to "Shipped by US Merchant" on 7th and still it hasn't reached. Status is still the same. First they gave an ETA of 19th and then 26th. But I don't think it will reach by 26th.

~Jain

It Shouldn't take more than 14 days if its not bundled with other heavy items. Ordered on 3rd Dec and it reached me on 18th.
Since status is "Shipped by US Merchant" means not problem with stock.
Check with Cust.care on their live chat...they might give you Tracking number if it is planned for 26th.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back