WD TV Live (ie WD TV 2)

So has anyone got their hands on WDTV 2, how is the performance and feedback ... ?

Also xtreamer has finally release their Beta 2 firmware, users are testing the same and it supports internet radio now.

Hi Guys,

Any one here are using a media player like WD TV with a 29'CRT?(very unlikely i fear). If so how is the PQ?

thanks,
sri

Hey just ordered mine from 20north. worked out to Rs 7000.

Waiting for the delivery.

Hi Reddream,

Did you receive WD TV Live. I am not able to get this product locally and I am a bit worried on the authenticity of 20 North. So looking for some guidance and feedback here.

Regards,

Vikram

Hi Reddream,

Did you receive WD TV Live. I am not able to get this product locally and I am a bit worried on the authenticity of 20 North. So looking for some guidance and feedback here.

Regards,

Vikram

I too, did not find it locally. In fact one website mentioned that worldwide availability is not that great. I stay in Mumbai and could find a local dealer in Lamigton Road. He mentioned that it might take 20-25 days for this product to come in India but I am not sure if he can keep his words. Therefore I ordered it from 20north yesterday. Seen couple of reviews on the net for this site and they are not negative. One person had a problem but it was resolved to his satisfaction.

I got it for 6.8K inclusive of air freight (delivered duty free) after applying HiFiVision coupon. It's a steal for this price. Official price in India is 10.5K. Even if they sell it under that I am sure you are not going to get it for this low. Even the older WDTV goes for more than this price.

You'll miss on the warranty (I guess) but products like these go through fairly stringent QC checks. Also somewhere I read that it has a global warranty and need to be transferred even if you buy in India.

I was given delivery time of 20 days (by air). Reddream posted his message on 30th Oct. If he had just ordered then it is unlikely he would have received it by now. Anyways, I am too interested to hear from Reddream.

Last edited:
Hi Dolfin,

I tried ordering this unit from 20north.I have few doubts regarding this:

1.How authentic is this website,as they do not pay duty for the product.

2.How did u apply for hifivision coupon.

Thanks

Hi Dolfin,

1.How authentic is this website,as they do not pay duty for the product.

2.How did u apply for hifivision coupon.

Thanks

1.Duty is free upto gift parcel worth 10k,so WD can come duty free.

2.when checklist for final price(Total),there are 3 opt for discount.
3rd is coupon,where you have to type HIFIVISION.discount you get is on shipping & not on product.Details are shown once you type code.

1.Duty is free upto gift parcel worth 10k,so WD can come duty free.

2.when checklist for final price(Total),there are 3 opt for discount.
3rd is coupon,where you have to type HIFIVISION.discount you get is on shipping & not on product.Details are shown once you type code.

But spiro, the 20north ad flashing on top of hifivision site says "get 5% off on product value excluding duty and shipping costs'.

Have you ordered anything and got 5% off only on shipping?Then the ad is misleading.

cheers,
sri

Hi spirovious,

I am sorry ,i am unable to find this discount option.
Once i add the product to cart,i get 3 columns.1st is the details regarding the product,2nd is to check out the product with a non-gift option,3rd is to check out with duty free gift option.
when i select the 3rd option,a page to enter the shipping address is displayed.

Any help regarding this is appreciated.
Thanks

Have you ordered anything and got 5% off only on shipping?Then the ad is misleading.
cheers,
sri

I just checked the price yesterday by adding to cart>Gift opt> adress> then option to select coupen comes.
Before I added code price was 7k+ (7312 like this) included shipping 1200+,
When added code ,shiping cost is said to get deducted.
Shipping without gift option is less(say 560)but price of WD is high(8k+)

I thing caculated price is confusing & dont get close to 5% of total cost.
Let me check again & update.

Just checked again-

Update- Sorry for stating wrongly earlier.I got some wrong calculations yesterday.20north is giving 5% discount on final cost.

The final calculation was given is dollars & INR price was shown unchanged.
So got confused.

Now todays price= Rs.7193

In dollars = $149.85
5% less = $143.5625 (Top price same as Rs.7193)

Hi,

Today I got message from 20north support team that WDTV Live is stocked out with their US merchant. :annoyed:

Has anybody else ordered this from 20north and received same message?

I was told that the US merchant is expected to get fresh units during the first fortnight of December... So I expect I will get my unit in the new year only... :mad:

Hi,

Today I got message from 20north support team that WDTV Live is stocked out with their US merchant. :annoyed:

Has anybody else ordered this from 20north and received same message?

I was told that the US merchant is expected to get fresh units during the first fortnight of December... So I expect I will get my unit in the new year only... :mad:

I was wondering as I was planning to buy from US ( My SIL is travelling in 1-2 days)
Now I was tracking it for last 15-20 days ,ask my cousin to ask in stores and did not get anything ( anyway cousin did not make many enquiries...)

SO wondering from where 20 north was arranging the stocks...

I saw it on ebay at high price....

Hemant

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back