WD TV Live (ie WD TV 2)

Hi friends,

Few more rays of hopes. Status of my purchase with 20north is now changed to "Shipped by US Merchant" :)

If this is coincidental with the communication argho had with 20north, they would have shipped all pending orders IMO.

@argho, reddream, can you confirm your order status? I will also try to get in touch with their B'lore office for confirmation / tracking no. Hopefully we'll have our unit in our hands early next month :thumbsup:

Hi friends,

Few more rays of hopes. Status of my purchase with 20north is now changed to "Shipped by US Merchant" :)

Today I got response from 20north team that "Shipped by US Merchant" means the product has been shipped to their central warehouse by the US merchant. From there it will be shipped to India in 2-3 days. Once shipped, 20north team will provide a tracking number.

I was told, I should be getting tracking number latest by Monday.

Hi friends,

Today I received my WDTV Live through DHL courier! :yahoo:

I was skeptical about the "no custom duty" claim by 20north (or so called Gift option). But for a pleasant surprise, I actually did not pay any duty!

I remember when I had imported my graphics card a year back, I had to run from pillar to post to locate the product in customs and so many explanations given to custom officials apart from the money (duty) I had to pay...

20north support team also helped from time-to-time. Right from giving an option to cancel the order (against a full refund) when they suspected the shipment might get delayed, to giving me the tracking details upon request, everything went smoothly. :clapping:

Congrates & glad to know its Dutyfree.:clapping:
Now you need to do hard work to get a good review for us.

Tried buying on 20north.com. Tried putting in discount field on the site - HIFIVISION.discount...but it doesnt accept the discount code..if I just type HIFIVISION - it says discount copon is not yet activated..any help v much appreciated.
thanks

Tried buying on 20north.com. Tried putting in discount field on the site - HIFIVISION.discount...but it doesnt accept the discount code..if I just type HIFIVISION - it says discount copon is not yet activated..any help v much appreciated.
thanks

This site used to advertise the coupon HIFIVISION. But its no more advertised now. May be you would like to check with the help desk of 20north if it is still active?

20 North is giving a "14 days express shipping option". Has anyone tried this?

Also owners, if you could please post a review of WDTV Live that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Vikram

Got mine delivered via DHL on 23rd... ordered on 9th nov..got fr 7k...works like a charm..has some issues with with mp4 files as discussed widely across numerous forums, which is more like a firmware issue...works great fr me :)

Got mine delivered via DHL on 23rd... ordered on 9th nov..got fr 7k...works like a charm..has some issues with with mp4 files as discussed widely across numerous forums, which is more like a firmware issue...works great fr me :)

HD audio?????? (DTS HD-MA/DD-TrueHD)?????:licklips:

cheers.

GUys,
I know this discussion thread is all about WDTV LIVE. But am just curious to know... has any of you considered these products...from the reviews that I have read abt Media Players...these products seem to have an edge over WDTV....

Popcorn Hour A-110
Welcome To Popcorn Hour

CinemaTube
The CinemaTube | Full 1080p HD Media Player | Full HD Media Player

Asus O!Play HD
Asus O! Play HDP-R1 HD Media Player Review | Futurelooks - Digital Lifestyle and Technology for the Masses

So if you have WDTV( WDTV LIVE ) can you share your thoughts...

Got mine delivered yesterday via DHL.
My first purchase from 20 North.

Hooked it up. Works just fine. Plays all 1080p files perfectly (the the original WD TV was having a problem with some of them).

Hi Owners,

Are your stuffs just lying idle:D

Please give your reviews of the same wrt old WDTV/Xtreamer. What changes have been incorporated, what remains same???? need info's based on real time tests, no direction to spec.

thanks.

Hi Owners,

Are your stuffs just lying idle:D

Please give your reviews of the same wrt old WDTV/Xtreamer. What changes have been incorporated, what remains same???? need info's based on real time tests, no direction to spec.

thanks.

Differences from WD TV 1 :
- Easily handles full 1080p HD files with high reference frames. Is able to play all files I had a problem with earlier.
- Is able to downmix DTS to stereo (I do not need, because I route the multi-channel audio to my receiver for decoding)
- Menu background / look has changed
- Component video out option
- Have not hooked up an ethernet cable yet so haven't tried the "live" options

Any specific questions, let me know.

Ok, I guess people have bought their players just for FUN

As I was just curious about my query, was googling about the same over the net and came to know that the none of the Sigma processors are being certified by DTS to support HD audio, which make's an arbitrary conclusion that the WDTV Live does not passthrough/bitstream HD audio, while Realtek has succeeded in getting DTS certification for their latest processors, hence PlayOn(confirmed) and Xtreamer(maybe) passthrough's/bitstream's DTS-HD audio.

cheers.

Differences from WD TV 1 :
- Easily handles full 1080p HD files with high reference frames. Is able to play all files I had a problem with earlier.
- Is able to downmix DTS to stereo (I do not need, because I route the multi-channel audio to my receiver for decoding)
- Menu background / look has changed
- Component video out option
- Have not hooked up an ethernet cable yet so haven't tried the "live" options

Any specific questions, let me know.

Hi,

Thanks dude, the first line of my previous post does not apply to you now. Wrote it before I read your post.

Can you just confirm for DTS-HD-MA and DD-TrueHD audio, pass through or bitstream, any thing will be fine.

thanks.

Ok, I guess people have bought their players just for FUN

As I was just curious about my query, was googling about the same over the net and came to know that the none of the Sigma processors are being certified by DTS to support HD audio, which make's an arbitrary conclusion that the WDTV Live does not passthrough/bitstream HD audio, while Realtek has succeeded in getting DTS certification for their latest processors, hence PlayOn(confirmed) and Xtreamer(maybe) passthrough's/bitstream's DTS-HD audio.

cheers.

In Xtreamer's website they have mentioned that DTS-MA and True-HD will be added in future releases.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back