Wdtv live

jayantadak

Hi,

This is an query regarding the WDTV LIVE HD MEDIA PLAYER. For this version I have come across two model numbers viz: WDBABF0000NBK-NESN and WDBAA0000NBK-EESN.

Let me elaborate, the NESN model was from American store and the EESN model was from a Dubai electronic store. Can we chose either of the models, if we want to use in India. When googled further I came to know that NESN model is PAN AMERICA NTSC and the EESN model is EMEA PAL. I wonder which one should I go for.

I request our forum-mates to throw light on the above.

Thanks and regards
JAYANT

Either way both should work in India,a lot of people have got their wd's from the states(i have one too) and it just works fine here.

Saurabh, can you let me know your model number. It would be much help as for me, so that I can just blindly order it.

Thanks in advance

How does the AV connectivity happens when WDTV is used? In case we have a home theatre, Does it go to Receiver or the receiver connects to WDTV and thru it to TV..

Thanks saurabh.

Is it a good idea to go for a Blue Ray player with USB or WD TV will be more advantageous. I have the movies in my HDD and if a blue ray with USB can play the contents from hard disk, then i may not need the WD TV.

Thanks saurabh.

Is it a good idea to go for a Blue Ray player with USB or WD TV will be more advantageous. I have the movies in my HDD and if a blue ray with USB can play the contents from hard disk, then i may not need the WD TV.

test the Bluray player with an external hard drive , to see if it support 500 gb 1Tb one's or not. and also check which formats it can play.....WD can almost play all formats out there.........and the kind of tweaking you can do with Wdtv with custom software, is just amazing :licklips:..........

Strong reccomendation:--------GO for WDTV

I have wdtv (old) and a big hdd collection,but a BR player around the same price makes a lot sense which doubles up as media player.LG BD55O is your friend buddy,take yr hdd and try out various Br players in the market,more importantly a BR player should play back dts-hd and dolby true hd via usb which wdtv wont. Your choice.....

Saurabh, I think the WDTV(old) might not play the DTS-HD, and Dolby True HD, but the LIVE version plays it. Pl correct if I am wrong, though I am not using it, I have the impression from the various posts which I have gone through.

Regards

Last edited:
The new live version does not play DTS-HD and Dolby True -HD and does not play multi-channel flac 24 bit/96hz, in short it doesn't play HD audio at all, I think xstreamer pro does play these

Hi
Yes the WDTV live doesnt decode DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD. It will just pass the raw audio stream to your avr which will Decode it.

The new live version does not play DTS-HD and Dolby True -HD and does not play multi-channel flac 24 bit/96hz, in short it doesn't play HD audio at all, I think xstreamer pro does play these

WD TV Live plays DolbyTru HD but not DTS-HD, down mixes to DTS. Flac I haven't tried.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back