WDTV vs Pioneer DV610 (Burr-brown DAC?).

The most confusing part is, the sterio (2 channel) amps almost never come with a dac or digital inputs. The sterio output from a 5.1 channel receiver is very bad for sterio until the cost is >50 - 60k

I dont know why the sterio receivers with digital inputs are so scarse.

very very few stereo amps has it..like Sansui A-E 770 and A-E970 or Some Harman kardon's.very few Yamaha and Technics top of the lime pre amps used to sport that.Even I have seen a Sony and Akai amp with digital input.
All these are of course 15+ years old and does not sport USB input. I have compared my sansui A-E970 with cheap muse dac - connected to WD Tv and found that sansui was marginally better.

currently after reading a year old stereophile I realized that increasingly more and more amps are coming with dac on board..unfortunately we do not see much of those in India ,nor these are discussed here. Peachtree Nova is good example.Also TEAc is ,it appears introducing many such devices,apart from Optical,co Ax and USB inputs TEAC amp and all in one ( with CD) features wi fi streaming and IPOD digital data decoding!

Last edited:
I have asked him for home demo with returns. Let see what he decides to do.

He talks about price reduction and timelines but is not willing to take returns even after I said I will cover to and fro courier charges + 1000/- if I dont like and that I will write a good review if I find it worth.

So the deal is off.

He also accuses the forum of deleting the review written by one of his customers Mr. Satish Kumar from coimbatore and banning him from the forum because the comparison resulted in exposing the inferior vDAC which hifimart was selling in favor of his DAC.

Not sure if anything is true, but as it stands, Iam not the one who would buy anything without a demo.

He also accuses the forum of deleting the review written by one of his customers Mr. Satish Kumar from coimbatore and banning him from the forum because the comparison resulted in exposing the inferior vDAC which hifimart was selling in favor of his DAC.

Not sure if anything is true, but as it stands, Iam not the one who would buy anything without a demo.

Why would we delete a review? Beats me completely, unless some rules were broken.

If he is so confident about his product, the simplest thing for him to do would be to send a DAC to me for testing. If it is good, we were actually thinking of offering it as a group buy.

Believe me, it is his loss.

Cheers

Lol.. The whole thread is hilarious.. :)

But the question still remains unanswered.. Is he a person with bad conduct and a good product? Nobody will know..

I ask because, there is 100% satisfaction assigned to his ebay account and there are a lot of repeat customers who bought 2-3 times and gave good comments..

Probably he does DIY in the range of the tripath amps which most of our members like.. If only he flexes a bit and showcase his works where it counts.. :) :)

I ask because, there is 100% satisfaction assigned to his ebay account and there are a lot of repeat customers who bought 2-3 times and gave good comments..

If the same person has multiple accounts here, think who will be the multiple buyers...:rolleyes:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back