We must all complain to Big TV

Santy

When we switch on the STB it always goes to the Preview Channel which is extremely annoying as the same MAGGI advt is shown five times in "2 minutes" :mad:

Previously it used to memorize the most viewed channel in last xx hours and it will go directly to that channel on power up. Also, if I remember correctly, Preview channel had hardly any commercials earlier.

It is a simple firmware option to remember the last viewed channel or most viewed channel. But thanks to this dirty marketing trick of Big tv, it has become a pain to see the preview channel on startup looped with same advt.

Why don't we all flood their customer care inbox with complaints. :argue:

And how about TS and Airtel users? Are you able to go to the last viewed channel?

In TS HD I also get to see the commercials / preview channel. It does not go to the last viewed channel.

In Airtel IPTV whenever it logs on it directly goes to the last viewed channel.

My Airtel HD always goes to the last viewed when turned on and also maintains the most viewed in the menu...

May be you need to reset the firmware back to factory settings... :rolleyes:

I have a Big TV HD DVR.

If I remember correctly, if one does not switch off the mains and with the unit on standby, it manages to navigate to the last channel watched and I think Big TV has somewhere mentioned that the set should be on standby rather than turned off, electric bill be damned. :lol:

That really isn't my grouse. My channel surfing sometimes is so slow that I can press the next channel button, go into the bar, have a drink, come back and still watch Big TV struggling to change channels in slow motion. Good for me that it takes quite a lot to get me all red in the face :lol:

Regards,

Sunil

Last edited:
I am facing volumn adjustement response like hell in Dish TV. It takes few seconds to respond any volume + or - So better use TV's own control.

Videocon d2h. my 2nd connection is doing very well in response in everything except the info menu is not much user friendly to read. It jumps to last viewed channel from stand by and not from swithecd off. Anyways I read somewhere that stand by is nothing but just swithcing off the picture. It takes same power consumption.So better leave it like that

We will be doing some good to the country if we avoid standby modes. All gadgets together in standby consumes significant power.

Meanwhile I don't think it is a limitation of hardware or firmware not being able to remember last channel after after switch off. Its certainly a marketing strategy.

ssf & viper: Yes I too get irritated with slow speed of changing channels (not always) and sluggish volume controls. Even switching to standby takes 3-4 seconds, making me confused whether remote worked or not. I guess because of heavy competition, these DTH operators picked up cheap components for their STB. I still remember those olden days when I can flip through channels on cable TV at blinking speed.

Lets talk about switching to last viewed channel from switched off and not from standby.

Well from the responses so far :

Tata Sky HD : NO (Home screen). BTW menu commands are very responsive i think better than my IPTV
Airtel IPTV : YES
Airtel DTH HD : YES
Big TV : NO
Videocon D2H : NO

Kindly fill up for the rest.

Last edited:
@Santy: Well I dont think the hardware has any part in being sluggish. I have the same STB from way back 5 years. (one of the very first customers of Dish tv) It is bit different, very heavy piece having LED informative display like channel nos, clock, remote blinker etc. We had to wait 15 days that time to get it imported after fitting dish. This sluggish problem is apparent not more than few months.The menu was changed meanwhile. My friend too get same probem even if his STB is completly new (the cheapo one which comes with green single led nowadays) So I think the software /firmware has to be the culprit.

Lets talk about switching to last viewed channel from switched off and not from standby.

Kindly fill up for the rest.

Airtel IPTV : YES
Airtel DTH HD : YES
Big TV : NO
Dish TV : NO
Dish TruHD : NO
SunDirect : NO
SunDirect HD : NO
TataSky : NO
Tata Sky HD : NO
Videocon D2H : NO

It seems, from this list at least, that Airtel is the only company not resorting to this cheap and very annoying fature of the set-top box switching to the home page everytime the set-top box is put in standby or turned off.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back