Weird volume issue with Esoteric SA-50 xlr output

vishsp

Hi

Hope all of you are safe and sound.

Have a very weird issue i could use help with. Couple of weeks ago i purchased a used SA50 and as soon as it arrived i tested it as follows. SA > schitt freya > rotel 1582. All xlr connections. It worked fine and as expected, at that time, so i put it aside after disconnecting it to reconnect it properly into my system at a later date.
Today i decided to finally put it into my rack permanently and i connected it before putting it in. I switched it on to check and i noticed that i needed to turn the volume upto 90% on my freya to barely hear the music playing. The last time i tested the volume on the freya couldnt have been more thn 50% and it was more than audible. All this was via XLR.
I did try to connect via the RCA and as it turns out the right channel does not work. The left channel RCA sound although works normally like when i had tested it. But id prefer to use the XLR and hence the issue
Ive tried the below variations to figure out the issue but no changes

- mute button checked
- volume att On(0db) & Off both checked
- output enabled for both RCA & XLR and only XLR on the sa50
- connected sa50 directly via XLR to Rotel and use the Vol ATT function on the sa50
- checked 3 diff xlr cables between components
- used regular cd as well as Sacd
- factory reset
- i used another cd player with xlr output to test the chain and it works normally.
Not tht it should matter but the sa50 was disconnected between testing and today which is a couple of weeks apart and its the monsoon season so the air would have some moisture.

it would be greatly appreciated if someone could figure this out with me.
Thanking you in advance

vish

You seem to have done most of the troubleshooting steps.
It is possible that moisture may have affected it due to continuous rain for the past 3 days.
So you can try this
Run your Ac in demumidifier mode twice a day for 1 hour.
If the player has vents on the top or bottom put a hair dryer for a few minutes.
Hopefully this should help with some sunshine in the coming days.

You seem to have done most of the troubleshooting steps.
It is possible that moisture may have affected it due to continuous rain for the past 3 days.
So you can try this
Run your Ac in demumidifier mode twice a day for 1 hour.
If the player has vents on the top or bottom put a hair dryer for a few minutes.
Hopefully this should help with some sunshine in the coming days.

Thanks for the advice.
No vents on the machine but il take the top off and use the hairdryer at some point.
For now ive kept it switched on so the warmth/heat could do its job. Also recommended in the manual.

If u have a blower,just use high-pressure air inside the XLR connection of the player,u can also use deoxit on the cable and pish the cable in to the player for couple of times.if u don't have deoxit,don't use wd40,instead use cocontact cleaner of CRC make

If u have a blower,just use high-pressure air inside the XLR connection of the player,u can also use deoxit on the cable and pish the cable in to the player for couple of times.if u don't have deoxit,don't use wd40,instead use cocontact cleaner of CRC make
Got it. Will do and get back with results.
Thank you

have you tried connecting to a different point in your house...preferably an AC outlet

have you tried connecting to a different point in your house...preferably an AC outlet
Yes tried a different outlet as well as a different ac cable. Did not help.
Im waiting for the contact cleaner to arrive so i can give that a shot.
Thanks for the suggestion though. Its mind boggling how many things can affect the the workings of our equipment.

Yes tried a different outlet as well as a different ac cable. Did not help.
Im waiting for the contact cleaner to arrive so i can give that a shot.
Thanks for the suggestion though. Its mind boggling how many things can affect the the workings of our equipment.
Got it. Will do and get back with results.
Thank you
Tried with the contact cleaner. Problem remains.
Any other suggestion's are welcome

I switched sources …the other cdp works fine in the chain.
so something went wrong with your Schitt unit ... :( ...... I know it might be a long shot - Shitt as a company takes great pride in their products - and although used unit - try reaching out to them .... this can’t be unique problem and if they have identified this elsewhere - I am sure they will guide you... sorry !

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back