Diamond 10.4 - 32000
Diamond 10.5 - 36000
Diamond 10.7 - 54000
Diamond 10.CS centre - 13000
Diamond 10.CM centre - 18000
Diamond 10.SX - SUB - 19000
Diamond 10.MX - SUB - 28000
Diamond 10.1/2 Stand - 12000[/B]

Thanks guys. I was considering the 9.5 series. Maybe I should wait for these. Are there any reviews available or inputs on whats new?

Thanks guys. I was considering the 9.5 series. Maybe I should wait for these. Are there any reviews available or inputs on whats new?

There is nothing new:)
These are just market driven revisions to create a ripple which in turn will drive sales :D
In the last decade there are no new technological advances in loudspeaker design in the price range that the diamond series sell for.
See if you can get a good deal from the older series when these hit the market. In most cases the older series sound much better ;)

Price List

Diamond 10.1 - 15000
Diamond 10.2 - 20000
Diamond 10.4 - 32000
Diamond 10.5 - 36000
Diamond 10.7 - 54000
Diamond 10.CS centre - 13000
Diamond 10.CM centre - 18000
Diamond 10.SX - SUB - 19000
Diamond 10.MX - SUB - 28000
Diamond 10.1/2 Stand - 12000[/B]

are the subs mentioned here replacements for sw250 and/or s150
how accurate are the prices, are these the mrps
where in bangalore this weekend?

Last edited:
Better to buy 9 series espcially for 9.1 and 9.2

Whats interestting in the 10 series is the 10.3 a floorstander version of 10.1 but not available in India it seems.

There is nothing new:)
These are just market driven revisions to create a ripple which in turn will drive sales :D
In the last decade there are no new technological advances in loudspeaker design in the price range that the diamond series sell for.
See if you can get a good deal from the older series when these hit the market. In most cases the older series sound much better ;)

Have you auditioned the new series?

Hi,

I am writing in from Mumbai, India. Dont know if I am the first person in Mumbai to be a proud owner of the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1, but I have them now for over 2 weeks. And boy, I am loving every second of them. They sound brilliant. I might add better than the already good 9.1. They generate some serious bass for a speaker of this size. Good midrange as well. Have got them paired with Marantz CD5001 CD player and Marantz 7001 amplifier. A great package according to me.:clapping:

Hi,

I am writing in from Mumbai, India. Dont know if I am the first person in Mumbai to be a proud owner of the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1, but I have them now for over 2 weeks. And boy, I am loving every second of them. They sound brilliant. I might add better than the already good 9.1. They generate some serious bass for a speaker of this size. Good midrange as well. Have got them paired with Marantz CD5001 CD player and Marantz 7001 amplifier. A great package according to me.:clapping:

How much did you pay for them??

Am also burning in the 10.1. Runnign them with the ca 340SE and ca 340a . Had A/b ed them with the 9.1. I dare say the 10.1's sound better.I dont think its jsut a marketing gimmick. Slightly more open with better bass extension.

The combo sure sounds good. I had earlier feared teh 340c & 340se beiing bright when i had demoed them with MS and CA speakers but when i heard them with the 10.1's my fears vanished. They sound jsut fine.. i also tried them with the 640A . Sounds much better ( vocals fuller .more headroom etc etc ) but is expected as they are more expensive. Was on a shoestring budget so went with the 340SE 340C combo.

Hey sorry for delayed response,

i got the wharfedale 10.1 for around Rs 15,000. They have better bass reproduction than the 9.1. However, i must warn you that if some may find them a little bright. I paired them with NAD amp & cd player, cambridge audio package as well but somehow liked better with the marantz package i mentioned in my previous post. At that price point, i think they are brilliant!:)

I heard wharfedale 10.5 and 9.5 for comparison (with denon 1909) and in my view the 10 sounded a little brighter (sound more open/clear, less muffled - in layman terms). I liked 10 more but being a relative newbied don't know if that's a good thing or bad (esp if one wants to listed to longer periods)

Again, in laymen terms, the difference between 10 and 9 seemed similar to the one I found between MA silver rs6 and br5 (though MA is in a different price range compared to wharfedale)
I have read a lot of positive reviews on rs6 so presume its a good thing to have a brighter sound (though in certain movie sequences like the opening sequence of Dark Knight I found rs6 to be a little harsh esp with bullet sounds, glass breakings etc)

I am more tempted to go for wharfefale 10 diamond 5.1 set up with 10.5 as f/s.

Any comments on the above thought process and the likley discount level on the diamnond 10 and rs 6 would be greatly appreciated.

(Btw I have denon1909 avr)

Cheers

Lack of open sound was one of the flaws I noticed in the 9 series and compromised on when I got the 9.2. Glad they seem to have done something about this. The 8.2 did not have this problem.

But 15K is too much for a 10.1 I feel even if its new.

Regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back