Wharfedale D320 vs Polk S20 vs Elac debut 5.2

musiz_craze

Hi,
I have shortlisted Wharfedale D320 vs Polk S20 vs Elac debut 5.2 for Denon x1600h , Any other suggestions have been welcomed

I am using Polk TL 1600 with Denon X1600H, and I find them, overall performer. Having said that I'll emphasise they shine in Movies. A lot depends on your listening habits.

I think the Wharfedale D 320 would be the best option out of the three if you prefer a non fatiguing laid back sound. If you prefer a brighter , more lively presentation but with less definition go with the Polk s20.

i vote for Polk s20, please find quick comparisons below - 6.5" drivers, sensitivity - 88db, Freq resp - 39-40k Hz, makes it better than other two.

The users of s20 report that its bass lacks definition and it is all over the place.

Why don't you consider Elac Debut 6.2 they have similar price to Elac Debut 5.2. They have bigger cabinet and driver compared to 5.2.

I used them for couple of months and they are excellent speakers for this price range. If your usage is music and owe a decent sub then you will not regret buying them.

How about QAcoustics 3030i. It's costs about 7k more than Elac B5.2. It seem to be receiving some stellar reviews in recent times.

They also look quite sexy in white color. I am contemplating getting a pair just for the looks alone.

I wouldn't recommend Polk S20 if you prefer warm sound signature. Polk's aren't overly bright but they can cause listening fatigue if you pair them with a ClassD AV amp. Also Polk Signature series suffers from weak bass except maybe S55s.

Why Denon AVR? Do you plan to extend it to a multi-channel setup. Please look at some Class A/B stereo receivers if its only for stereo use.

BTW, Polk S20s may actually be a good choice if its mainly for movies and QAcoustics 3030i is out of budget.

Last edited:
How about QAcoustics 3030i. It's costs about 7k more than Elac B5.2. It seem to be receiving some stellar reviews in recent times.

They also look quite sexy in white color. I am contemplating getting a pair just for the looks alone.

I wouldn't recommend Polk S20 if you prefer warm sound signature. Polk's aren't overly bright but they can cause listening fatigue if you pair them with a ClassD AV amp. Also Polk Signature series suffers from weak bass except maybe S55s.

Why Denon AVR? Do you plan to extend it to a multi-channel setup. Please look at some Class A/B stereo receivers if its only for stereo use.

BTW, Polk S20s may actually be a good choice if its mainly for movies and QAcoustics 3030i is out of budget.
Thanks for your suggestion. Right now I ll go with 2.0 setup will upgrade slowly to 5.2.2.

Hi,
I have shortlisted Wharfedale D320 vs Polk S20 vs Elac debut 5.2 for Denon x1600h , Any other suggestions have been welcomed
Hi
I tried S20 and Elac 6.2, I loved the clarity and sounding of the Elac over Polk. They are ordinary looking speakers compared to the Signature series but I personally loved it.
I have not tried the Q acoustics, so no comments about it. Please try listening / viewing the same content in both speakers. Take suggestions but I would say Music and Sound is a very personal choice.

I paired S60 with Denon DRA 800H. The combination sounds terribly bright and sibilant. It's bright enough to make people run away from the room in just few minutes. I have turned down the treble control to it's lowest and it's still sounds terrible.

Both Denon and Polk Signature have bright presentation, so pairing them together would be really a bad idea as I found out.

I have Elac B6.2’s and Polk S15’s paired with Denon 2600. The Elac’s are far far better than Polks and not at all bright like the polks.
But Elac’s lack a bit on Mids when it comes to movies is what I felt.
When I went auditioning for my stereo setup I happened to take my Elac’s with me and compare it with the Indiqaudio Platinum Book Shelves and found noticeable difference.
Whilst the amount of outright bass is almost similar, the Indiqaudio speakers sounded much more forwarded and cleaner compared to the Elac’s. The platinum bookshelves are much more bigger in size and has bigger drivers compared to Elac’s and they have lots of head room.
I have not heard the QA Concept Series BS but the Bigger concept 40 is good.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back