Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Ltd. Edition Speakers (Hidden Gems)

:) In that case, the Dentons would need the dosage of the 'bright' Krell to check on its real capabilities! The Sansui is a bit too warm, and with an overtly laid back Denton taking feed, possibly, its true nature is getting hidden. Thats what I had shared with Helium at his place too.

Yes, I agree with you Avid. It might make sense to bring the krell with you to your work and go over to his after given Heliums restriction on lifting weight.

Last edited:
@ Avid- Sir, you are welcome over to get your Krell. I Thank you in anticipation for your efforts.

@ CorElement- Denton's have a warm sound signature with a big sound stage to fill up your room. The bass is taut with toe tapping beats but lacks sparkle and texture in the upper frequencies. As Avid and yourself have pointed out, needs to be paired up with a brighter amp. One may listen for hours without ear fatigue. Cambridge Audio was on the softer side at both extremes.

The beauty of the Jamo's reside in its shimmering, open clean highs. One does not need to make an effort to focus, it will pour into your ears automatically.:eek:

helium
CA 640c V2 / SB Classic + Sansui AU-317 + Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE / Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables= Music

Last edited:
Yes, now you don't need to focus inorder to hear the strumming of the guitar; string and wind instruments.:licklips:

helium
HiFi I -CA 640c V2 + Sansui AU-317 + Vintage B&W DM4 + Pure Silver cables

HiFi II - SB Classic + MARANTZ PM6100SA & SM6100SA + Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE + Lyrita IC

Where from did you manage to get hold of the near vintage Marantz pre - power? It is looking great ... a bigger pic would have been a lot more revealing. Did it cost a bomb?

Marantz PM6100SA
Marantz SM6100SA

As soon as I located a mint condition Marantz amp, could not sleep... This is not a Pre- Power but an integrated and a poweramp of the same series, meant for biamping purpose. Sorry about the pictures, they look a lot more beautiful; blonde colour:p

Finally I found what I was looking for....

--
helium
CA 640c V2 + Luxman M-06a + Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE / Vintage B&W DM4

Last edited:
The power amp is a monster! I would suggest that you get a new rack made with an independent resting place for the amp (definitely on the top). The CA cdp is feeling the brunt now.

This amp has got to be really good. Its a pure vintage piece. What was the 'damage' for it?

The power amp is a monster! I would suggest that you get a new rack made with an independent resting place for the amp (definitely on the top). The CA cdp is feeling the brunt now.

This amp has got to be really good. Its a pure vintage piece. What was the 'damage' for it?

Actually esthetically, I like the Gold & Silver combintaion on top of each other very much. CA cdp is all stainless steel body, so it can sustain the weight.
@75k/-

--
helium
CA 640c V2 + Luxman M-06a + Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary LE / Vintage B&W DM4

Beautiful vintage looks !

I am a big fan of Wharfedale sound especially the vocals.

Vintage is my weakness:sad:. It took me time to get used to the Wharfedale sound. This specific model has a velvety midrange and a punch like one hears in a disco.;)

--
helium

reviving an old thread :

can the Rotel RA12 ( 60w/ch) drive Dentons ?
Rotel being bright amp, thought this can go well.

It only could be a blind buy as I don't get a chance to audition in chennai.

Inputs appreciated.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back