wharfedale diamond 10.1 speaker+ PSB Alpha B1+Epos ELS 8

IMO take your amp (sure it's not very heavy) to the dealer and with your amp take a demo of the speakers you have shortlisted.

Have you already bought the amp (Arcam FMJ A18)? I do not think too may people here have heard the combination of this amp with those speakers.

Magma in this forum has the PSB Alpha B1. He is driving them with a Nad C325BEE amp, but he might have heard this combination. Recently he has heard a lot of speakers in the same range you are looking at. Magma, please chime in.

There are one or two threads on the Wharfedale 10 series speakers. If you have not read them already, try to get some idea from there.

Psychotropic may have recently auditioned the Epos you mention.

But most of them have not heard them with the amp of your choice. So try to do what myriad has suggested, just carry the amp to all the places for auditioning with the respective speakers. This amp is not very heavy, so a lot easier. Carry a few good quality CDs that you are quite familiar with.

Regards.

carry the amp to all the places for auditioning with the respective speakers. This amp is not very heavy, so a lot easier. Carry a few good quality CDs that you are quite familiar with.

Regards.

also carry your source player (CD/dvd player) for the audition.

my marantz amp sounds very different with my pioneer/LG DVD player.
with the Pioneer its bright and detailed whereas with the LG its sweet and warm but less detailed

Magma in this forum has the PSB Alpha B1. He is driving them with a Nad C325BEE amp, but he might have heard this combination. Recently he has heard a lot of speakers in the same range you are looking at. Magma, please chime in.

Regards.

magma bought the PSB Image series bookshelves not the Alpha series.

to the OP
i have not heard the combo you state
ive only heard the speakers and amp seperately

the Amp is a bit cleaner than a NAD a tad more on the lively side too
it should go well with any of the PSB or warfedale

but havent you heard both those speakers anyway
INMO both those speakers sound quite differnt
chances are you will like one and not the other anyway.!

first just hear the speaker with the regular amps that the dealers have
NAD and marantz are popular amps with many dealers for auditions.
why dont you first hear the speakers with the same(NAD marantz) amp and decdie which speaker you like.
since as i said both speakers do sound differnt.

i would understand if you were confused between a KEF/PSB/tannoy
or a Quad/Focal even a Dali
those combos are similar
but i find a warfedale- PSB comparison quite dissimilar.
more often than not i have come across guys who like one and really dont like the other etween a warfedale and PSB

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back