• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers

Prodigy

I feel the Polk S15’s are super VFM under 20k.
It’s got great mids and vocal character but of course no deep bass but that said, one can be happy with the sound signature.
If paired with a good amp the tonality is quite crisp and clear and can fulfill ones wish of having a nice stereo set up and also can be used as surrounds in a HT.

Prodigy

One more Bookshelves that I have heard and is worth the consideration is the Elac B5 and B5.2’s. the MRP’s higher but can be procured within 20k if you have good negotiating skills.

it can definitely go deep for bass lovers and has good mids and highs. I feel it’s better sounding when married to an IA More than that of an AVR since these are rated at 6ohms and around 87 /88 DB sensitivity but someone who has a higher powered AV Receiver rated above 90w and over this can be a good LCR when timber matched with C5.2.

kingfisher

One more Bookshelves that I have heard and is worth the consideration is the Elac B5 and B5.2’s. the MRP’s higher but can be procured within 20k if you have good negotiating skills.

it can definitely go deep for bass lovers and has good mids and highs. I feel it’s better sounding when married to an IA More than that of an AVR since these are rated at 6ohms and around 87 /88 DB sensitivity but someone who has a higher powered AV Receiver rated above 90w and over this can be a good LCR when timber matched with C5.2.
Can it be paired with NAD 3020? I am looking for speakers for my NAD.

dinesh1201

100 people have 100 different favourites :) after you start using a pair..either brand of speakers..they will become your favourite in a few days.
I'm talking about good speakers brand and not cheapo selling on Amazon India :p many people swear by Pioneer bookshelf designed by Andrew jones under 20k.

nitinsanand

Not sure if they've been mentioned here before, Mission Lx1 - easy to drive and pleasant sounding speakers, had them in various setups, including as stereo at the work desk and rear surrounds in the HT

kingfisher

Is there any good review about indiq audio Gold mishra? Where it stands among Q acoustics,MIssion,Elac and all 20K bracket speakers?
Today I queried them and they quoted 21K.I think this is the cheapest bookshelf with 6.5" driver.

Last edited:

NewBee2020

Is there any good review about indiq audio Gold mishra? Where it stands among Q acoustics,MIssion,Elac and all 20K bracket speakers?
Today I queried them and they quoted 21K.I think this is the cheapest bookshelf with 6.5" driver.
The below post by @Prodigy should help you.

Lizard King

This post is 12 years old. All prices have gone up significantly in this period. For instance Polk RTi A3 was 18.5 K back then, now it's 32.3 K.
Isn't it hightime that the title is edited to reflect the times :)

psychotropic

@psychotropic , i am really looking forward wht u have buyed ?
Haha this was 12 years ago! My purchase should be there somewhere in the thread, but back then it was the Usher S-520, which I then swapped out for the first generation Odyssey Epiphony (perhaps the only pair of them in India?), which I still use now, along with a Wharfedale SPC10 subwoofer.