Favourite speakers under INR 20k

Dear members, I wanted to know if the Yamaha NS-8390 floorstanders and a Yamaha R-S202BL receiver are a good combination for a simple stereo setup?

Dear members, I wanted to know if the Yamaha NS-8390 floorstanders and a Yamaha R-S202BL receiver are a good combination for a simple stereo setup?
Yamaha NS-8390 are very average speakers. Going for a Wharfedale bookshelves or Pioneer BS-22 would give you better VFM.

It has become impossible to audition anything in Bangalore these days! Either people refuse to let you bring your amp or want to charge you money.

It has become impossible to audition anything in Bangalore these days! Either people refuse to let you bring your amp or want to charge you money.
This is very true. Difficult to get audition for bookshelf speakers. Few dealers that i called mentioned that they have gone beyond budget range and keep bookshelf for demo only 50K and above. One of the dealer mentioned, they don't keep bookshelf for demo. I have shortlisted Elac B5, wharferdale 200, Qacoustic 3010i & 3020i. Now where to demo this in Bangalore?

This is very true. Difficult to get audition for bookshelf speakers. Few dealers that i called mentioned that they have gone beyond budget range and keep bookshelf for demo only 50K and above. One of the dealer mentioned, they don't keep bookshelf for demo. I have shortlisted Elac B5, wharferdale 200, Qacoustic 3010i & 3020i. Now where to demo this in Bangalore?
Qacoustics 3020i/3050 is available for demo in onkyo wonderland

I don’t know, whenever I see a post asking for a budget speaker recommendation, I stop short of recommending my Open Baffle DIY. But I want to in this thread.

Ahuja SK12FRX on an open baffle (31”x34” approx) with a side wing is wonderful. The more I hear, the more I like. It has all the elements and opportunities for tweaking per individual taste

Budget, max around 6-7K
If people have space, they should take a chance and try this and I am sure it will be much better than standard 20K speakers most of the time

just a recommendation

swami

For demo in Bangalore we have Modern World Domlur have ELAC, Pioneer & QAcoustics lineup for demo. I spent a good hour and a half demoing the ELAC and QAcoustics. Dali bookshelf (think Zensor series) is available for Demo in Modern HT shop.

Audio Planet asked me my budget and mentioned that they dont deal with individual components anymore and usually cater to customers with budget of 1.5 Lakhs or more. I have read a lot of good reviews about Audio Planet , but unfortunately could not experience the same.

For demo in Bangalore we have Modern World Domlur have ELAC, Pioneer & QAcoustics lineup for demo. I spent a good hour and a half demoing the ELAC and QAcoustics. Dali bookshelf (think Zensor series) is available for Demo in Modern HT shop.

Audio Planet asked me my budget and mentioned that they dont deal with individual components anymore and usually cater to customers with budget of 1.5 Lakhs or more. I have read a lot of good reviews about Audio Planet , but unfortunately could not experience the same.
@fLUX recieved the same "amazing" treatment from Audio Planet...

Its not unheard of for people to increase budget by huge extent post listening sessions. I was frankly surprised to hear such a direct response over a phone call considering this is the first time i heard someone say so. I have had people saying they start at budget X and over and then arranging for a demo despite us not being at that budget at the moment.

Its not unheard of for people to increase budget by huge extent post listening sessions. I was frankly surprised to hear such a direct response over a phone call considering this is the first time i heard someone say so. I have had people saying they start at budget X and over and then arranging for a demo despite us not being at that budget at the moment.
Exactly my budget is increased to roughly 1.5 lakhs for a speaker from the time I spoke to him regarding a 26k speaker. Guess who is not going to get my business? :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back