Favourite speakers under INR 20k

One more Bookshelves that I have heard and is worth the consideration is the Elac B5 and B5.2’s. the MRP’s higher but can be procured within 20k if you have good negotiating skills.

it can definitely go deep for bass lovers and has good mids and highs. I feel it’s better sounding when married to an IA More than that of an AVR since these are rated at 6ohms and around 87 /88 DB sensitivity but someone who has a higher powered AV Receiver rated above 90w and over this can be a good LCR when timber matched with C5.2.

One more Bookshelves that I have heard and is worth the consideration is the Elac B5 and B5.2’s. the MRP’s higher but can be procured within 20k if you have good negotiating skills.

it can definitely go deep for bass lovers and has good mids and highs. I feel it’s better sounding when married to an IA More than that of an AVR since these are rated at 6ohms and around 87 /88 DB sensitivity but someone who has a higher powered AV Receiver rated above 90w and over this can be a good LCR when timber matched with C5.2.
Can it be paired with NAD 3020? I am looking for speakers for my NAD.

100 people have 100 different favourites :) after you start using a pair..either brand of speakers..they will become your favourite in a few days.
I'm talking about good speakers brand and not cheapo selling on Amazon India :p many people swear by Pioneer bookshelf designed by Andrew jones under 20k.

Not sure if they've been mentioned here before, Mission Lx1 - easy to drive and pleasant sounding speakers, had them in various setups, including as stereo at the work desk and rear surrounds in the HT

Is there any good review about indiq audio Gold mishra? Where it stands among Q acoustics,MIssion,Elac and all 20K bracket speakers?
Today I queried them and they quoted 21K.I think this is the cheapest bookshelf with 6.5" driver.

Last edited:
Is there any good review about indiq audio Gold mishra? Where it stands among Q acoustics,MIssion,Elac and all 20K bracket speakers?
Today I queried them and they quoted 21K.I think this is the cheapest bookshelf with 6.5" driver.
The below post by @Prodigy should help you.

This post is 12 years old. All prices have gone up significantly in this period. For instance Polk RTi A3 was 18.5 K back then, now it's 32.3 K.
Isn't it hightime that the title is edited to reflect the times :)

@psychotropic , i am really looking forward wht u have buyed ?
Haha this was 12 years ago! My purchase should be there somewhere in the thread, but back then it was the Usher S-520, which I then swapped out for the first generation Odyssey Epiphony (perhaps the only pair of them in India?), which I still use now, along with a Wharfedale SPC10 subwoofer.

Yet to listen to a speaker that can beat my micro-TL speaker costing just 8K in sound-stage, clarity and realism.

Though not my favourite speakers under 20K as the title suggests (the mantle still belongs to the Boston Acoustics A26), i recently acquired a pair of PSB Alpha P5s for exactly that sum brand new and i was pleasantly surprised at what this diminutive pair could do.

In the changed landscape of increased prices with next to no bookshelves having a 6.5 inch driver available under the said budget, the PSB Alpha P5s do offer up a taste of hi fi sound at a budget with a very balanced presentation that cannot be faulted with. As one of my friends quite astutely observed, they sound like a smaller version of the KEF Q350s. And if the KEFs have proved to be anything, it would be the one size fits all universal favourite for those who've lent them a ear (to clarify, in my setup).

Another attribute worthy of note is the bass they produce. For roughly the size equivalent of a single Klipch RP600M and despite being much smaller than a single Wharfedale Evo 4.2 for the pair of the P5s, their bass quantity is anything but half of the aforementioned speakers, something i found rather remarkable. However, this does come at the expense of Port chuffing at loud volumes which can be heard distinctly near the speaker.

While remarkable, the bass simply does not dig as deep as a 6.5 incher such as my BA A26 or have the same quantity. And that added depth and quantity that a 6.5 inch driver makes, at least in speakers at this budget when compared to their smaller brethren, makes that stretch to get them worth all the hunger pangs one needs to endure.

If size is absolutely a concern, these fit the bill perfectly. However, to my mind and in my experience, you need to place them on stands to extract the maximum from these (they sounded terrible when placed on the center console, even after using acoustic foam risers) which entirely negates their size advantage compared to other bookshelves.

Build quality wise, they're pretty solid though the black wood finish on mine makes them look a bit too generic. Compared to the P5s, the Boston Acoustics A26 have much better perceived quality and presence owing to their gloss black finish though actual fit and finish are better on the P5s when viewed closely. The grills are another stand out being magnetic and made of metal which offers real protection compared to fabric ones.

So who are these speakers for then? For somebody who absolutely cannot make that stretch to the likes of the Mission QX2 or the Q Acoustics 3030i, does not intend to get a party started with these in a large room, does not intend to place them on stands and is pairing them with a subwoofer, it's a perfect fit.

At 28K which most online stores are selling it for, there are better options available in my experience.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back