Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 vs. Diamond 122

Amitkg

Price wise and spec wise Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 and Wharfedale Diamond 122 fall in the same bracket. Though spec wise 10.2 should produce more Bass as its frequency response is 40Hz - 24Khz Whereas, 122's frequency response is 45Hz - 20 Khz.

So, which one of these two is the the best in terms of overall SQ ?

I had diamond 9.2 for close to 2 years... One of the finest affordable speakers......Diamond 10.2 replaces the 9.2 series....

I suggest you listen to both of them, if aval in same place & decide...

amitkg,

what is warm for you might not be warm enough for me..

please audition both and decide. take your own CD's / flacs with you...

once your ears make the judgment... you will never be wrong..

njoi !!

rgds

Build quality of the older Wharfedale Diamonds are much better than the new 1xx series.
I would recommend going for the 10.2 or even a 9.2 over the newer 122.

You would actually get better VFM buying used as well.

Amit da visit Watteffects where you can hear the Wharfedales, then visit SKS to listen to the Zensor 3 (they have them in stock now), move on to Harmonie Audio to listen to Q Acoustics and Usher. Plan and dedicate one single day, in about 6 hours you should have your answer. Carry your CD, the songs that you love and wish to hear.
Discussing here will only get you so far, you have to listen, you must, speaking from experience I am.

take your amp also...and maybe another kind soul who can validate you.

painful but worth the while..

rgds

Amit da visit Watteffects where you can hear the Wharfedales, then visit SKS to listen to the Zensor 3 (they have them in stock now), move on to Harmonie Audio to listen to Q Acoustics and Usher. Plan and dedicate one single day, in about 6 hours you should have your answer. Carry your CD, the songs that you love and wish to hear.
Discussing here will only get you so far, you have to listen, you must, speaking from experience I am.

-------------------

Good Suggestion, Just an hour ago, spoke to Utsav (watteffects); I'm going to his place on Sunday. FM Nikhil suggested me going for Diamond 10.2 but Diamond 10.2 and Diamond 122 are not available with Utsav, he suggested PSB Image B-6 (Price 34k) it's like adding another round of confusion. BTW, I really want to get Marantz PM 6004 for that I called Sollfege, to my utter surprise, they quoted Rs 40K for PM6004 ( not for 6005 but for 6004) :mad::mad::mad: whereas HiFi Mart is selling PM6004 for 28.5K
Also, got response from Harmonie New Alipore, "No stock of PM6004 with distributor" >>>>Fact of the matter is that We (people of WB) can't materialize any offer from Hi-Fi Mart as you and other FMs mentioned in other thread/posts

Updates----Sonodyne has shut its shop @ Mani Square // Today, called up Sonodyne Head Office and I was informed that their new amp DSA 320's not launched yet in Kolkata, it would be launched next month; this was another surprise as the said model is already available with HiFi Mart :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I am very confused. In sheer confusion, dejection and desperation, I might end up taking some wrong decision :sad::sad::sad::sad:

with regards..

-------------------

Good Suggestion, Just an hour ago, spoke to Utsav (watteffects); I'm going to his place on Sunday. FM Nikhil suggested me going for Diamond 10.2 but Diamond 10.2 and Diamond 122 are not available with Utsav, he suggested PSB Image B-6 (Price 34k) it's like adding another round of confusion. BTW,

Amit the PSB is a better speaker than the Diamonds.
Do take a listen. You might like it.

What is your budget? Why did you select the Diamonds initially?
Some more info on your room and listening tastes will help others to guide you.

Amit the PSB is a better speaker than the Diamonds.
Do take a listen. You might like it.

What is your budget? Why did you select the Diamonds initially?
Some more info on your room and listening tastes will help others to guide you.

I selected Diamond (10.2 particular) because of rave reviews, 6.5" Kevlar woofer, aesthetics and frequency response (40Hz-24KHz) lower is better for bass, right? Dali Zensor 3 has 7" woofer but frequency response is 50Hz-26.5KHz, that means it's not capable of producing Diamond 10.2 kind of bass right? I am a total newbie in this arena and for that my way of judging a speaker/amplifier could be totally wrong.

I have recently renovated my room, room size is 12'X15'. and for better acoustics, I am not going to put any furniture in the room, right now, I have my desktop ( on a computer desk), which will work as the source of music and a minimalistic wooden chair ( a stool rather, with back support)

I am bit old-school type, still bask in the glory of 80s' and early 90s' Pop, Rock, Euro/Italo Disco,,, Instrumental (example-- Yanni, Kenny G, Vangelis, Ennio Morricone, Giorgio Moroder, Rondo Veneziano, Jean-Michel Jarre) and for latest,, I listen to soothing/vocal trance ( not Psychedelic) and Electronic/Ambient Music ( orbital, fluke, Karunesh, Deadmou5 etc etc etc)

Please suggest me, a pair of good warm sounding BS in the price range of 30k -40k

with regards,
Amit

for better acoustics - furniture will be helpful..

as nikhil says.. psb b6 will be a good option to audition

go with an open mind... dont rule out anything in your budget or just a touch beyond..

as i said - take your amp with you.... and your source as well..

the elephant in the room is the room itself but that can be taken to the dealers place..

alternately try to persuade the dealer for a home audition...

mpw

I have the diamond 121s procured from Utsav and after 2-3 weeks of moderate hearing, I feel the burn in period is done.They sound majestic. The 122s as Utsav told me are bass heavy but the 121s are balanced. The bass is plentiful unless you listen to hip hop stuff and are fans of Beats headphones and the mid range is, as whathifi says, "articulate". You will never regret buying it. As for your confusion,I had the same. Hifimart is selling 6004 at 28k and if you are buying the diamonds in the package, the pricing is superb.unbeatable. But Hifimart said they won't ship to Kolkata because of the form 50 issues with fedex so instead I settled for the azur 351a dac/amp. It is very close to the 6004,said Anil of Hifimart.

You can come over to my place for a listening session and maybe decide. :)

Oh and I forgot to mention, Utsav is an extremely helpful guy and the rate he gave me was extremely attractive. Soulfege did not have a chance.

The PSBs are on a different league. At Utsav's, check out the Quad 11 something. Very nice speakers.

Give the Usher V601s a good listen at Harmonie.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back