Wharfedale Diamond 8.4 ~ 9k

nikhil palekar

Hi All,

I am being offered the wharfedale Diamond 8.4 for about 9k in Mumbai. There is not much about these speakers here. Knowing that speakers are old, Any inputs regarding its performance. I have heard that the built is not great but if the sound is great then that wouldnt matter to me.

This is my first post, thanks for all the assistance.:)

The MRP of 8.3 is 15700/-. Not sure if it is still in stock. So its better you go and listen to it with your own amp. If you like the sound and its in good shape, then you can take the call

Hi Nikhil,

Seems to be a good bargain.I have the diamond 8.3 and they are warm and quite laidback...8.4 should be a good listen...Have an audition and then drop your money..

Cheers
S

Hi All,

I am being offered the wharfedale Diamond 8.4 for about 9k in Mumbai. There is not much about these speakers here. Knowing that speakers are old, Any inputs regarding its performance. I have heard that the built is not great but if the sound is great then that wouldnt matter to me.

This is my first post, thanks for all the assistance.:)

These speakers are quite good.The Diamond 8 series was a revolution in audio.
Go for it its VFM.:)

< nikhil palekar > Run & pick-up the 8.4 before someone else does for 9k.

BTW - what are going to drive it with? Would suggest a NAD Integrated amplifier of min 50 watts (if more even better) & bi-wire the 8.4 with some decent speaker cable like QED Silver Anniversary XT Biwire. They're supposed to work well with those Diamond 8-series. If you can give some room to those 8.4 to breathe in the room, you'll be quite amazed at what your investment of 9k does.

Cheers!!

I used to have them till 2002/3. Running them with a Nad c350 was a pleasure. Nice entry into hifi ;)

Well definitely 9K is a good deal for the Diamond 8.4, provided it's in perfect working condition.

But before you close this deal, try to listen once the Diamond 9.2 bookshelf (9.2 is Bigger bookshelf & the 9.1 is the smaller one). Like the 8.4 this model also it's difficult to find one but try to find it somewhere & I am sure if you get one, you can get it at a good discounted price and the sound quality of the 9.2's are much much better than the 8.4's in all aspects in my experience. I have owned the Diamond 8.2, 8.4, 9.1, 9.2, 9.5 & the 9.6 in the past.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Hi all,

Thank you all for your inputs. This has been great.. I would be going for a trial soon and would post updates.

I do not have an amplifier yet, as this is just my entry into the Hi Fi world. What would the specifications of a suitable a,plifier be for this. A few here used NAD amplifiers, which other amplifiers would be appropriate for it. I would be using it 70% music and 30% movies.

Thanks to all for their valuable inputs. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back