Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 tweeter problem

alokag

Hey,

I have a set of wharfedale 9.1's with a tweeter not working in one of the speakers. Any idea how I can get this fixed? It's out of warranty (more than a year old).

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!!

I will be purchasing a tweeter fabric dome for my 9.2 that the ants ate. If you want we can share the cost of shipping one tweeter each - if they are the same :)

But I only need the fabric not the complete tweeter assembly. Not sure what your requirement is.

Cheers

mine was also gone so ordered a pair from th emumbai dealer and fixed it myslef. U can do the same.

Hi,
I have not encountered this situation, however I am guessing the answer as follows:
1. If a bi-wireable speaker like 9.1 is not producing any sound, then you should dismantle the clip that joins the woofer terminals and tweeter terminals.
2. Attach the amp output to woofer terminals and tweeter terminals separately to check if one of them is producing sound. In case the woofer does, then obviously the tweeter or the tweeter cross-over is blown.
3. Now for diagnosing between tweeter and tweeter-crossover, you will need to swap the tweeters from the healthy speaker and check if the swapped combination is producing any sound. (let me know if further clarification is required here)

Regds,

Sorry for the noob query,but how do u even know when the tweeter dies?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back