wharfedale or boston acoustics or Polk

LX series is way out of my budget. In VX series I can go with VSX 1123 K. Which one will work better VSX 1123 K or Denon X2000 with polk?
Didnt hear polk with Pioneer AVR.But heard with Denon many times.Also X2000 has Audyssey which can do better room correction.

I think in a HT room, if you have the projector screen against one wall, it would be acoustically better to have the chairs somewhere between the front and the rear walls and not flush against the opposite wall. The reason I say this is because then you can have the rear speakers actually 'behind' you, which is the most appropriate placement. If you're sitting on a chair which is flush against the wall, and the rear speakers hung on the wall, they aren't exactly 'behind' you - rather they are 'next to' you.

Other FMs are welcome to share their views.

No idea on projectors buddy, I'll leave other FMs to comment on that.

Attractive as it sounds, please don't have a bar in your HT room! This is for the simple reason that any reasonably good subwoofer will start rattling the glasses and completely mess the acoustics of the room!

I think in a HT room, if you have the projector screen against one wall, it would be acoustically better to have the chairs somewhere between the front and the rear walls and not flush against the opposite wall. The reason I say this is because then you can have the rear speakers actually 'behind' you, which is the most appropriate placement. If you're sitting on a chair which is flush against the wall, and the rear speakers hung on the wall, they aren't exactly 'behind' you - rather they are 'next to' you.

Other FMs are welcome to share their views.

No idea on projectors buddy, I'll leave other FMs to comment on that.

Attractive as it sounds, please don't have a bar in your HT room! This is for the simple reason that any reasonably good subwoofer will start rattling the glasses and completely mess the acoustics of the room!

Yeah bar is a bad idea...may be I will make the HT a tad smaller by adding a partition and then will have a bar ::yahoo:

such a drunkard I am!:D:p

Finally bought the following:

Speakers

Polk Audio TSx 440T Tower Speaker
Polk Audio DSW PRO550 Wi 10-Inch High Performance Subwoofer
Polk Audio TSX 250C Centre Channel Speaker
Polk Audio TSx 110B Bookshelf Speaker

AVR

Denon AVR-X2000 Integrated Network AV Receiver

Congratulations on your purchase and wish you many years of entertainment. You have gotten yourself into a beautiful hobby.

Congrats, I am planning to buy the exact same configuration except AVR will be denon 2313. Unfortunately I am not getting time to close the deal. Can you please let me know your initial impression and price of the each components?

If the Receiver has Bi Wiring facility then do it...else normal wiring is fine as long as you are using the right wire gauge (AWG)

All the best

Speakers

AVR

Congratulations on your purchases. Now only thing left is to enjoy the setup.

Is there any real benefit of bi-wiring or bi-amping?

Well, what I've read and understood is that Bi-Amping does make a real benefit in the enhancement of audio when compared to Bi-Wiring. In Bi-Amping the AVR discreetly assigns two amplifiers to power up the low and high frequency sections of the speakers. Whereas, in Bi-Wiring its just using the same ports in the AVR to power up the speakers.

But one caveat... when using Bi-Amping, you loose the 7.1 channels and get only 5.1 channels. That's how it works in my Onkyo, so I guess it should be the same in Denon also. When doing Bi-Amping or Bi-Wiring you have to remove the metal jumpers that connect the two ports in the speakers, otherwise it will damage them.

The best way to find out is run with a regular connection for a couple of days listening to your testing music and then run with Bi-Amping to see if you find any difference or enhancement taken place.
This is what I have planned for my setup once I get my Polk's.

Last edited:
Any idea how to bi-amp polk speakers with Denon X2000?

You have to run 2 pairs of speaker cables from your Denon AVR. One from the Front L/R channels and one from the Surround Back L/R channel and assign the mode to Bi-Amp in the setup menu of the AVR where it says "Amp Assign".
In the speakers, the first pair of wires from the Front L/R channels has to be connected to the upper speaker binding posts for High Frequency and the other pair of wires from the Surround Back L/R Channels to be connected to the lower speaker binding posts for Low Frequency.
Most Important: Remember to remove the metal jumpers in the speakers connecting the 2 terminals, when using Bi-Amping or Bi-Wiring.

Speakers

AVR

Hi

Congratulations on your purchase. Now I suppose its time to sit back and enjoy. Do post some pics of your setup if possible.

Can you share the price & source of the each component.
I am also in the process of finalizing my HT setup, your inputs will surely help.

Thanks.

Hi

Congratulations on your purchase. Now I suppose its time to sit back and enjoy. Do post some pics of your setup if possible.

Can you share the price & source of the each component.
I am also in the process of finalizing my HT setup, your inputs will surely help.

Thanks.

I got speakers from Zansaar (cheaper than what I was quoted in Delhi), I paid in total 101,650 for all; AVR from htstore.in (Rs. 50,000), and projector (107000 L) from Nehru place.

And I bought the following cables from iShopInternational:

Amazon.com : Monoprice 100ft 12AWG CL2 Rated 4-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable (For In-Wall Installation) : Computer Cable Adapters : Electronics

Amazon.com : Monster M850 SW-12 M-Series 850 Subwoofer Cable (12 feet) : Electronics

Amazon.com : BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable - 50 Feet - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest HDMI version] : Electronics

Amazon.com : BlueRigger High Speed HDMI cable with Ethernet - Supports 3D and Audio Return [Latest Version] - 10 Feet : Electronics

Now looking for a fixed-screen screen. For Screen I am going DIY route. Will buy stuff off web (probably carl's place carlofet.com) and ask a carpenter to do the framing and stretch the fabric on frame.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back