What all cables would I need for HT

http://www.audiogurus.com/learn/cables/speaker-wire-cable-gauge/49

Its only logical to include distance and impedance when shopping for speaker wires. Quality matters.
I am against overexpensive products too. Doesn't mean a 22awg wire can run 50 feet.
Download Polycab datasheet, its available in the public domain. They have a very very detailed datasheet for their wires. Not only Resistance, even reactance, impedance, capacitance, insulation, copper details are provided in the datasheet, which even the so called excotic cables would not provide. I am currently using their 4 sq.mm capbles which is 12SWG/

Went to lamington road and got a PC built
Ryzen 3 120o processor
Asus b350 mb
8 gb RAM
Gigabyte rx550 2gb ddr5 graphics card

Now I should I connect the pctoavr using HDMI cable?? Do I need some cable connection for audio?
Regards

Congratulations on the new pc. Looks like a good config.

Yes just the HDMI to AVR and another HDMI from AVR to TV.

MaSh

Thanks Mash.. earlier was thinking to get Xbox, but then decided otherwise and got this PC.. it's expensive then the Xbox but I feel it's more flexible and upgradable
Now I need to see what all should be installed on it to use it as HTPC.. e.g.kodi etc

Thanks Mash.. earlier was thinking to get Xbox, but then decided otherwise and got this PC.. it's expensive then the Xbox but I feel it's more flexible and upgradable
Now I need to see what all should be installed on it to use it as HTPC.. e.g.kodi etc

Yes that's true the flexibility from a htpc is great. You could start with just a simple copy of windows to run foobar and mpc-hc for music and movies respectively. Get an idea what the system can do. Troubleshoot any issues you might find will be easier on windows for you and for most members.

MaSh

Yes that's true the flexibility from a htpc is great. You could start with just a simple copy of windows to run foobar and mpc-hc for music and movies respectively. Get an idea what the system can do. Troubleshoot any issues you might find will be easier on windows for you and for most members.

MaSh
Thanks for the suggestions.. the software side should not be much of a problem for me, I am a software developer, though I have stopped using Windows for past 10 years :).. I used Ubuntu and then MAC for past 5 or so years.. but all this for my work, tried nothing media related

You could start with just a simple copy of windows to run foobar and mpc-hc for music and movies respectively.

MaSh
Is there anything special in these software that the normal software like vlc, winamp etc don't have??
Also what is Kodi and what is it used for

Thanks for the suggestions.. the software side should not be much of a problem for me, I am a software developer, though I have stopped using Windows for past 10 years :).. I used Ubuntu and then MAC for past 5 or so years.. but all this for my work, tried nothing media related

Ahh then go right ahead. You should have no issues with it.

MaSh

Back