What amp?

manav24

Hi,
I am looking for a 7.1 amp for 40% movies 40% Music 20% TV, I currently own Yamaha YHT-299 but I think its time to upgrade, my budget is around 60k, I prefer Denon or Marantz but anyother receommendation is most welcome.
also Is it advisable to buy Denon AVR from amazon.com? X2300W is around $900 and X3300W is around $1000 so considerable saving.
I assume their will be no warranty also a step down coneverter will be needed.

is it worth or wait for better offers from local dealer?

why are they such a cheap prices in quikr as I just saw Denon x6300H for
Rs 40000/- http://www.quikr.com/electronics-ap...luetooth-and-wi-fi+gurgaon+W0QQAdIdZ299141653

Can't be legit right

Hi

Deals on Quikr or OLX ...some are legitimate and some are bogus....you need to be cautious....

There is a Denon , Yamaha and Marantz owners exclusive thread which will give you a fair idea from the existing users of these brands and you can also see their views and experience....read those....

Deals on Ebay / Amazon can be tricky from a warranty standpoint.....there are some members who were lucky and are very happy....some had bad experiences...

Local dealers in India will roll out some offers by this weekend......keep a watch....

If you want pre owned....see For Sale by Owner section....good stuff sometimes available

Hi

Deals on Quikr or OLX ...some are legitimate and some are bogus....you need to be cautious....

There is a Denon , Yamaha and Marantz owners exclusive thread which will give you a fair idea from the existing users of these brands and you can also see their views and experience....read those....

Deals on Ebay / Amazon can be tricky from a warranty standpoint.....there are some members who were lucky and are very happy....some had bad experiences...

Local dealers in India will roll out some offers by this weekend......keep a watch....

If you want pre owned....see For Sale by Owner section....good stuff sometimes available

Thanks for suggestions.
Are there any l dealers that sell Online?
Also I am keeping a close watch on for sale section.

Hi,
I am looking for a 7.1 amp for 40% movies 40% Music 20% TV, I currently own Yamaha YHT-299 but I think its time to upgrade, my budget is around 60k, I prefer Denon or Marantz but anyother receommendation is most welcome.

60K will get you a 7.2 AVR from any brand.. What abt speakers? Will you use Yamaha HTIB satellite speakers with the new AVR? IMO, that is not an upgrade to your system..

I think, you are in hurry to swap AVR..I would suggest you to re-consider your decision and spend on speakers instead.. Which will be better upgrade IMO..

With your AVR from YHT-299 and a budget of 60K, you can make a great 5.2 system, which would be significant upgrade..

also Is it advisable to buy Denon AVR from amazon.com? X2300W is around $900 and X3300W is around $1000 so considerable saving.
I assume their will be no warranty also a step down coneverter will be needed.

You can get a higher model Denon x 4300, which retials for less than your quoted price of x 2300 in amazon.com..

is it worth or wait for better offers from local dealer?

It is upto you to decide wht is better.. You get 110V from US for a excellent prices.. For almost same (or) slightly more, you can get 240V unit in India, thru local dealers.. (Chek OLX in your city)

why are they such a cheap prices in quikr as I just saw Denon x6300H for
Rs 40000/- http://www.quikr.com/electronics-ap...luetooth-and-wi-fi+gurgaon+W0QQAdIdZ299141653

Can't be legit right

No way a Denon x 6300 for 40K even in offline market.. Check similar ads with OLX, you will get fair idea of the price..

60K will get you a 7.2 AVR from any brand.. What abt speakers? Will you use Yamaha HTIB satellite speakers with the new AVR? IMO, that is not an upgrade to your system..

I think, you are in hurry to swap AVR..I would suggest you to re-consider your decision and spend on speakers instead.. Which will be better upgrade IMO..

With your AVR from YHT-299 and a budget of 60K, you can make a great 5.2 system, which would be significant upgrade..

You can get a higher model Denon x 4300, which retials for less than your quoted price of x 2300 in amazon.com..

It is upto you to decide wht is better.. You get 110V from US for a excellent prices.. For almost same (or) slightly more, you can get 240V unit in India, thru local dealers.. (Chek OLX in your city)

No way a Denon x 6300 for 40K even in offline market.. Check similar ads with OLX, you will get fair idea of the price..

No No , I will upgrade avr first and than sepnd 65-70k on speakers as well.
Atleast with an updated AVR I know what sort of Speakers avr is capable of.

Yeah there seems to be lot of fraud advt on OLX/quikr.

IMO price difference of 15k doesnt really justify buying from Overseas as have to spend 6-7k for a decent step down converter also no Warranty.

I am looking at Denon x2400H which is decent sized 7.2 and price is abt 65k with 1 year warranty.

If I were you, I would upgrade speakers first and then AVR. Same has been suggested by FM elangoas. That would give better immediate result. Satellites speakers of YHT 299 won't be able to bring out best of x2300.

If I were you, I would upgrade speakers first and then AVR. Same has been suggested by FM elangoas. That would give better immediate result. Satellites speakers of YHT 299 won't be able to bring out best of x2300.

I am bying them altogether so wanted to know what AVR to buy and than will decide speakers to go with it. like I want reccomendation on a whole package for around 1.25 to 1.5 Lacs (Stretched a lot)

I am not going to use YHT 299 speakers as HT package is for sale already.

Its like if I buy just Speaker now and find them good than I will let go of AVR for now and than later after few months if I decide to Upgrade the AVR than may be the speaker that I bought won't gel well with New AVR, so that is why trying to find a best AVR that suits my needs and than will decide the best SPeaker that goes with it.

Last edited:
Would suggest you consider marantz avr since 40% is music and movies. You could demo the matching speakers, Polk audio, dali monitor audio are good brands that go well with marantz, and take a decision

Would suggest you consider marantz avr since 40% is music and movies. You could demo the matching speakers, Polk audio, dali monitor audio are good brands that go well with marantz, and take a decision

Have heard Marantz is brilliant for movies but not so good for Music.

Marantz is indeed good but its way too expensive.

I am getting more and more confused now.

may be I should buy a good pair of speakers first and than go for AVR (Denon or Marantz) as suggested by some of respected members.

Which speaker suits the best for Denon or Marantz among Wharfedale (220 or 225), Polk, Zensor-3 or any other ?
I am getting into way too much over my Budget and My wife's gonna kill me as I always stop her from buying Jewellary etc saying its a waste of money as it doesnt have any intrisic value.

for SW either BIC F12 or PL200

I hope my existing AVR HTR-3066 will be able to drive them well if not good.

Last edited:
I am getting into way too much over my Budget and My wife's gonna kill me as I always stop her from buying Jewellary etc saying its a waste of money as it doesnt have any intrisic value.

To save you from this spot only people are advising you to keep the AVR for now and upgrade the speakers step by step.

For example, just change the fronts to bookshelves (any of those you mentioned will work fine. If possible then audition, otherwise also you can't go wrong with any of those) and subwoofer to BIC F12. You have to spend less than 50k for these. This combo with HTR3066 and rest of Yamaha satellites will be a significant upgrade in sound. Rest you can build gradually.

I am using HTR 3067 with Polk speakers and never regret my purchase.

To save you from this spot only people are advising you to keep the AVR for now and upgrade the speakers step by step.

For example, just change the fronts to bookshelves (any of those you mentioned will work fine. If possible then audition, otherwise also you can't go wrong with any of those) and subwoofer to BIC F12. You have to spend less than 50k for these. This combo with HTR3066 and rest of Yamaha satellites will be a significant upgrade in sound. Rest you can build gradually.

I am using HTR 3067 with Polk speakers and never regret my purchase.

Okie, Nice advice, I have decided to buy the speakers for now with SW.
Plz help me decide from Kef Q300 or Dali Zensor-3 as I am unable to find wharfedale 225 in an Indian store.
They both are bit bass heavy may due to bigger cone and I kindda like that. or may be Wharfedale 220 pair with 220c (centre) which are on sale on Hifimart,
I think they will go well when SW is added and lack of bass won't be much evident. Opinions please.
thanks

Last edited:
Plz help me decide from Kef Q300 or Dali Zensor-3 as I am unable to find wharfedale 225 in an Indian store.
They both are bit bass heavy may due to bigger cone and I kindda like that. or may be Wharfedale 220 pair with 220c (centre) which are on sale on Hifimart,
I think they will go well when SW is added and lack of bass won't be much evident. Opinions please.
thanks

For your budget of 60K, if you are looking for KEF (or) Dali you may only be able to get only fronts & subwoofer.. Additional cost for center & surrounds...

But for 60K ~ 70K, you can complete a 5.2 (dual subs) system with Taga Platinum series which can be a significant upgrade from your HTIB speakers..

Have heard Marantz is brilliant for movies but not so good for Music.

Wrong my friend....Marantz is music first principle....i am a very happy user for the past 6 years....used other major brands as well prior to that....

thanks

Look at Polk RTI A series....visit a profx store and audition...usually they may rope a 5-10% discount....3-5 years warranty.....

Check the prices online also....

AVR later perhaps you can look at SR series... xx11 models as the latest are xx12...you may get it cheaper....the hunt will be slow but will be full proof

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back