What happens if Speaker wattage less than Receiver wattage?

vemind

Dear all; I am in a bit of fix. I have already invested in some wonderful speakers, the Focal JMLab Dome 5.1 speaker system. The specs are:
Nominal impedance 8 Ohms
Minimum impedance 4 Ohms
Recommended amplifier Power 25 - 100W (per channel)

Now, I want to buy the Yamaha RX-V1900 AVR Receiver with following specifications:
Minimum RMS Power at 8 Ohms: 130 W

I intend to use the receiver only in 5.1 configuration.

My concern is, would this receiver damage the speakers? Would the audio quality be impacted at high volumes? Is there a way around? Should I just not consider this receiver?

Thanks all and appreciate whatever inputs you can give me.

There will not be any problems for the Yamaha to drive the speakers. My amp is rated at 200 W/channel and it only enhances the soundstage. More power is fine in your case.

Also the AVR spec are exaggerated, so you will be hitting close to 60-80 watts if lucky. Nice exercise if you have a watt meter handy. So no worries.

Dear all; I am in a bit of fix. I have already invested in some wonderful speakers, the Focal JMLab Dome 5.1 speaker system. The specs are:
Nominal impedance 8 Ohms
Minimum impedance 4 Ohms
Recommended amplifier Power 25 - 100W (per channel)

Now, I want to buy the Yamaha RX-V1900 AVR Receiver with following specifications:
Minimum RMS Power at 8 Ohms: 130 W

I intend to use the receiver only in 5.1 configuration.

My concern is, would this receiver damage the speakers? Would the audio quality be impacted at high volumes? Is there a way around? Should I just not consider this receiver?

Thanks all and appreciate whatever inputs you can give me.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back