WHAT Hi-Fi SHOW 2019 MUMBAI 1st - 3rd March 2019 St Regis

Hope this time there are better speakers in the demo rooms. Last year was a disappointment for me.

Hope this time there are better speakers in the demo rooms. Last year was a disappointment for me.

Agree.....the focus was more on Bluetooth speakers and recliners.....

As per what I heard over FM....this years focus is more on PJs.

Lets see....I should come in 2nd half...post 2pm types

Today I have visited the What HiFi show. Please audition following stereo setup and mark your comments...
  1. PSB Alpha T-20 with Blue sound Powernode 2
  2. KLH Kendell 3 with Peachtree Nova 150
Both are reasonably priced with great performance...

Visited the venue around 330pm.....crowded as usual being a saturday and also the AC was not happening......low or it was too crowded...

8th Floor Registrations...& Listing of 14th and 15th Floors

was there for a few hours...

Fyne Audio 502 + NAD M10 - i like the way the speakers stand tall and handsome.. and i guess they will sing with better amplification
KLH speakers & Peachtree electronics
PMC - very good sound in that room.
Kii 3 - excellent - beautiful music

Lyravox - very nice indeed... very impressive solution to discard all those boxes and go for 1 large - everything - very nice sound too.. and so very WAF ( if you can afford it :) ). The logic is to sell all your cdp and amps and streamers and speakers - bridge the gap and go for this !!

Kin Mini with wireless music - sad the turntable could not be used..but nice setup and quite modern
Monitor Audio and Roksan K3
Nagaoka Cartridges - in India - at the show
Focal speakers - static display ( sadly no major Naim electronics to pair with Focals - which is a missed opportunity i think )
SB Acoustics - Ara ( with Be tweeter - very nice ) and Rinjani floorstanders - they say bigger floorstanders are on the way in 2 months as well..
Marshall speakers - very interesting

heard all these and overall it was a nice experience.

last year i could not visit so from that perspective - i guess the show has grown in maturity

Much thanks to all the hosts for playing music for me for a while and being so hospitable.

Hope all the distributors get good business and the show visitors get good experiences and good choices..

met a few folks from HFV as well - so nice to see you all in person again.

maybe i missed a few but thats all i had time for today..

PS : I had carried a CD with me and felt old fashioned as many of the rooms have wireless music and not many CDP's but in the few rooms that had a CDP - it made a difference IMO.

regards
mpw

I visited the Show this morning and I was Not pretty impressed, its more emphasis towards HT than two channel listening.

1. Kii Audio - Powered Bookshelf speakers with Tweeter, midrange and 6 woofers with Roon Nucleus and 8 Sotm modules LPS and Streamer etc with transparent cables was the best sound of the show. (11.25L for Speakers alone, 45k for each Sotm )
  2. Sonus Faber venere 2.5 with McIntosh 8900 was very balanced and melodious sound
  3. Klipsch forte - paired with BAT pre power was quite impressive for the High energy genre (4.75L). Very good for Rock!
  4. Qacoustics Concept 500 with Marantz CD player was very musical as well. (speakers 4L)
  5. PMCs were a pair of powered monitors with a decent performance (2.5L)
  6. Waterfall Audio Glass Speakers were quite gorgeous to look at and performing decently even though they were driven by a professional Power amp. (4.75L speakers)
  7. Fyne audio 502 was pretty impressive and best sound for the price point. (1.89L). NAD Streamer cum Amp was very good pairing well(2.79L, 100wpc Class D)
  8. Eight Audio from hyderabad with Sb Acoustics Denmark design made a great looking speakers and sound decently well. The sound could be lot improved by matching components (1.5L) parasound 100wpc pre power wasn't driving them enough I thought.
  9. Monitor audio Platinum was pretty good resolution wise, but the HT noise in shared hall precluded any critical listening.
  10. Devialet phantom (2.79L each) were again bass heavy and good enough for only casual listening.
  11. Sony Atmos 7.1.2 sound bar at 1L was pretty crisp for the size and performance.
  12. I wasn't impressed by KLH setup

Sadly, The Focals & B&W were for just exhibition and not possible to listen. Overall not a good show, in my experience.

I visited the Show this morning and I was Not pretty impressed, its more emphasis towards HT than two channel listening.

1. Kii Audio - Powered Bookshelf speakers with Tweeter, midrange and 6 woofers with Roon Nucleus and 8 Sotm modules LPS and Streamer etc with transparent cables was the best sound of the show. (11.25L for Speakers alone, 45k for each Sotm )
  2. Sonus Faber venere 2.5 with McIntosh 8900 was very balanced and melodious sound
  3. Klipsch forte - paired with BAT pre power was quite impressive for the High energy genre (4.75L). Very good for Rock!
  4. Qacoustics Concept 500 with Marantz CD player was very musical as well. (speakers 4L)
  5. PMCs were a pair of powered monitors with a decent performance (2.5L)
  6. Waterfall Audio Glass Speakers were quite gorgeous to look at and performing decently even though they were driven by a professional Power amp. (4.75L speakers)
  7. Fyne audio 502 was pretty impressive and best sound for the price point. (1.89L). NAD Streamer cum Amp was very good pairing well(2.79L, 100wpc Class D)
  8. Eight Audio from hyderabad with Sb Acoustics Denmark design made a great looking speakers and sound decently well. The sound could be lot improved by matching components (1.5L) parasound 100wpc pre power wasn't driving them enough I thought.
  9. Monitor audio Platinum was pretty good resolution wise, but the HT noise in shared hall precluded any critical listening.
  10. Devialet phantom (2.79L each) were again bass heavy and good enough for only casual listening.
  11. Sony Atmos 7.1.2 sound bar at 1L was pretty crisp for the size and performance.
  12. I wasn't impressed by KLH setup
Sadly, The Focals & B&W were for just exhibition and not possible to listen. Overall not a good show, in my experience.
Bang on target. Total and utter waste of time. I visited after 5 years. Looks like next visit should be after another 5 years.

Setups I liked are-

PMC
1zm12d0.jpg

2j2ev80.jpg

Dynaudio with Accuphase
2i8gpc8.jpg

ic1dt4.jpg

Totemacoustic

20sd7vb.jpg

Q Acoustics Concept 500
efqiky.jpg

And Fyne audio 502

2nlad4x.jpg

1417eav.jpg

281ebmc.jpg

1412 MZ Audio......

1420 AUDIO VISION

1414 Milan Sales Corporation (Screens)

Attachments

• 1412MZaudio2.jpg
    1412MZaudio2.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 2
Which was the Dynaudio bookshelf at the show? Was it the special 40? How was the sound? Appears to have been placed very casually on top of another speaker.
Cheers,
Sid

Which was the Dynaudio bookshelf at the show? Was it the special 40? How was the sound? Appears to have been placed very casually on top of another speaker.
Cheers,
Sid
The guy @ Demo told me that they are special Edition one.Played keeping on top of towers.Room was very large.Still the sound was very pleasent to me.Mids were warm and enough weighty.Treble was smooth.For that size,soundstage was good.lf it had set in proper room,l would have enjoyed them more.Bass was not very deep.Overall musical.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back