what is clean power?

manu4panjab

hey bros.
want to know what is clean power refers to in speakers and avr and amps

i mean i have polk tsi 500 they look like beast but i still got harsh and thin sound and somewhat distorted which take my viewing pleasure away

they rated at 275 watts don't know what to do

i know i know you all gonna think that i'm confused and ya i'm confused my search for clean and distortion free sound is still here

and for my centre channel it sound toooo distorted should i change the cnetre channel speaker

i thought the damage that occurs on my speakers is coz of that old onkyo 5100 htib avr i'm used for past 8months and those 8 months of using that avr ,i guess that avr leads my speakers to damage

am i right about that avr or not

i thought like now i have 606 may be if i connect new centre channel same from polk i get distortion free sound is it right or wrong

guys i won't stop until i find what i'm looking for

so please advise

Last edited:
Hello Manu,
it seems you are trying too hard to reach perfection but unfortunately you are not getting there. In your case as advised by Venkat several times before get a professional sound consultant at your home and explain him all the problems. He can figure out first the problems you are having and then advise you proper solution within your budget. The way you are trying to find a solution not only not helping you to get a proper solution but also making you post unnecessary number of threads which is quite pointless. So look for a person who can visit your place and understand your problems rather than mixing and matching different things to reach your so called perfection.Life is quite simple there is no point making it complex for unknown reasons.
Thanks.

hey bros.

i mean i have polk tsi 500 they look like beast but i still got harsh and thin sound and somewhat distorted which take my viewing pleasure away

i know i know you all gonna think that i'm confused and ya i'm confused my search for clean and distortion free sound is still here

and for my centre channel it sound toooo distorted should i change the cnetre channel speaker

i thought the damage that occurs on my speakers is coz of that old onkyo 5100 htib avr i'm used for past 8months and those 8 months of using that avr ,i guess that avr leads my speakers to damage

i thought like now i have 606 may be if i connect new centre channel same from polk i get distortion free sound is it right or wrong

Manu

The Problem may be due to the under power of the amplifier. may be You are driving your amplifier beyond its capacity and there is distortion. Try auditioning some hi powered AV receivers , Talk to your dealer and try to Home audition the Yamaha , Marantz and Denon ( IMO they are all better then the Onkyo 606 )

Tharun.

To behonest manu it appears that the new onkyo you got is too underpowered ..can i know model number please.....and you hae power hunger
Please do not go on wattage figure it is deceptive .as I say Harmon kardon's 50 W RMS is more power than Onkyo or yamahs 100-120 W RMS
also onkyo like yamaha & sony has gone in power manipulation race -ie giving power figure with high distortion and not on all frequency range...

i is like horsepower of car -people think more the cc-faster is car -NOOO more inportant is
1) What is power deleivered for that CC
2) power to weight ratio - lighter car in the same power will be faster
3)the way power is deleivered-how muh powee deleivered at begining
that is why heavy american cars with high CC engines are seldom in fastest cars catagory
and there is a car caterham 7 - very small british brand -heard about this ?
now read this
Fastest ever Caterham 7 - Yahoo! Cars UK
The car has ONLY 2000 CC engine
and it's 0-100 KMPH(0-60 mph) is 2.88 seconds!!!!!

top speed is less 150 mph

Now how it acives - the engine give 263 BHP and car is too light just 506 Kgs
Power to weight ratio is - appx 520 BHP/tonne which gives it this accelaration!!!

so read specifications and reviews with other information and products start revelling many things!

Hello Manu,
it seems you are trying too hard to reach perfection but unfortunately you are not getting there. In your case as advised by Venkat several times before get a professional sound consultant at your home and explain him all the problems. He can figure out first the problems you are having and then advise you proper solution within your budget. The way you are trying to find a solution not only not helping you to get a proper solution but also making you post unnecessary number of threads which is quite pointless. So look for a person who can visit your place and understand your problems rather than mixing and matching different things to reach your so called perfection.Life is quite simple there is no point making it complex for unknown reasons.
Thanks.

i totally agree with you on sound consultant advise but sir here in my city jalandhar we have no sound consultant so its hard for me that's why the only solution i have is this site and that's why i'm keep asking questions here

you see our city is not that advanced in music or home theatre department and mostly we only have one or two limited showrooms heres for branded speakers like from pro fx and others but they don't have any speakers on demo and they don't have nay knowledge about music or ht,coz they said we only ordered speakes if some one need them

so that's my problem

Last edited:
hey bros.

Manu

The Problem may be due to the under power of the amplifier. may be You are driving your amplifier beyond its capacity and there is distortion. Try auditioning some hi powered AV receivers , Talk to your dealer and try to Home audition the Yamaha , Marantz and Denon ( IMO they are all better then the Onkyo 606 )

Tharun.

but polk speakers menu says you can drive speakers from 20 watts to 275 watts power amplifier so i guess 90 watts is sufficient

Although I agree to the earlier post that a professional sound engineer would help, not sure of the availability of the same in Jalandhar, other than getting someone from Delhi or Chandigarh, so dont think its too wrong to do a few steps on your own.

Try and get some audio callibration discs, there is a thread on how to get one from b&w free of charge. Check the various settings, read the thread by Venkat on connectivity and make sure the connectivity is correct.

BTW, I am assuming you did like the sound of the speakers while auditioning else it might be a longer journey in getting the right sound for you.

Although I agree to the earlier post that a professional sound engineer would help, not sure of the availability of the same in Jalandhar, other than getting someone from Delhi or Chandigarh, so dont think its too wrong to do a few steps on your own.

Try and get some audio callibration discs, there is a thread on how to get one from b&w free of charge. Check the various settings, read the thread by Venkat on connectivity and make sure the connectivity is correct.

BTW, I am assuming you did like the sound of the speakers while auditioning else it might be a longer journey in getting the right sound for you.

thanks bro thanks for understanding my problem for sound consultant

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back