What is one brand you spotted early and then it became really big

k-pad

Just a fun thread.
During my night-time reading of various fora, I found an interesting US thread from 2003.
A user suggested a new company called SVS (founded in 1998 :D) and told another user who was looking for a good sub for a 15x13 room: "They are new, and look bland, but they will shake your room" or something to that effect.
There were so many people who came down on him like a pile of bricks, like he is some kind of delusional. :) "What rubbish?" "Do you know what you are talking about?" "Have you heard subs This, This, and That (all established) companies?"

Today, we all know what SVS has become. If that original Poster is still active in the forum, he must be laughing away.

So, what is a lesser-known audio company you discovered and liked, and then became really big in the years to come?
1. You could have discovered it by chance or via research or word of mouth or whatever.
2. Only criterion is that they must not have become big by the time you discovered, and then really became big in the years after.
3. Bonus: Did people not believe you, disregard you, tell you off? And then when the brand became big, did you tell them: I TOLD YOU SO? :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Elac!

I spotted this around 2005/6 or thereabout. Back then I was interested in Jamo mid-range series. The dealer also suggested Elac. Too bad he did a very poor job of it. He played it as loud as it could go before distorting badly and despite lowering the volume a bit it was still distorting. Worse it had a bright and shrill presentation (perhaps contributed in parts by the poor partnering kit). Back then they had a range between INR 35k-200+k (in that time's money).

Underwhelmed by the experience I created a poll on a western forum asking if participants knew about it. To my surprise most answers were - "What is Elac". And here I was thinking Europeans would at least know something about speakers from an European company.

I never paid attention to the brand again. It got limited popularity a few years back because of their products they brought with ribbon tweeters.

But Elac has been present in India for at least 15 years.

Agree with bit about SVS.

I purchased a SVS subwoofer which looked, felt and sounded like a monster some 10-12 years ago, when there was little name for it (at least in India). Back then India market was full of Velodynes, Sunfires, HSUs, JBLs. HSUs were a popular choice back then (the market segment now captured by SVS).

Indiq seems to have that potential! A lot of us here are early users. (It doesn't seem to be that new though, They seem to be around for a while now!)
+1 for IndiqAudio...
what u say on emerging company , i feel Indiq is going to be big in near future with just word of mouth praises if they maintain same kind of quality & standards..
One imp to note SVS had marketing team & pubished with Indiq its just one to one publicity & growing fast..
wish it continue & reach heights with same quality standards N customer satisfied products...

Indiq seems to have that potential! A lot of us here are early users. (It doesn't seem to be that new though, They seem to be around for a while now!)
A great contender, true.
Hope they do well.

+1 for IndiqAudio...
what u say on emerging company , i feel Indiq is going to be big in near future with just word of mouth praises if they maintain same kind of quality & standards..
One imp to note SVS had marketing team & pubished with Indiq its just one to one publicity & growing fast..
wish it continue & reach heights with same quality standards N customer satisfied products...
The sound output quality is just horrible enen a pair Bluetooth Speakers sounds better than those Anchal Towers

The sound output quality is just horrible enen a pair Bluetooth Speakers sounds better than those Anchal Towers
@Lalatendu Behera, you joined this forum today at 8:39 and have 5 posts and all of them against Indiq.. You have not contributed to this forum at all, this makes your motive behind the posts amply clear. It seems they have impacted your business big time. If you have really auditioned their system, provide details. People are smart enough to ignore your comment.

@Lalatendu Behera. Your experience with Indiq audio speakers seems to be …bad. My own experience with diamond Achal is that they are very high quality speakers for the price.
Which Bluetooth speaker did you compare the Achal (Anchal must be a typo?) to?
It must be a very high quality BT speaker?

@Lalatendu Behera. Your experience with Indiq audio speakers seems to be …bad. My own experience with diamond Achal is that they are very high quality speakers for the price.

Not really high quality BT speakers. My price quote for Indiq Achal will be not more than Rs 15000/- based on the quality of Audio they produce.

Not really high quality BT speakers. My price quote for Indiq Achal will be not more than Rs 15000/- based on the quality of Audio they produce.
Which Indiq audio speakers do you own or have heard to analyse it’s performance?
While we all have the right to our opinions, in forums like this we all can support our opinions with some analysis, examples, as also some details of the electronics and room acoustics.
This makes for a interesting discussion ?

Mod Note:
Folks please do keep it civil . have deleted unnecessary posts and any more conversation will be more relevant only with facts as the intent is to discuss and not prove a point.

Its perfectly fine for any audio equipment to be hated by one group and at the same time have fanboys as well.

The review is about Achal 3 way speakers.
Hello,
For a change, someone is leveling an allegations against IndiQ. The forum members have always praised about this brand. Therefore, we will request you to post any comparison video or some analysis as @Analogous rightly mentioned. Otherwise, your post will go in vain and will not be taken seriously.

Hello,
For a change, someone is leveling an allegations against IndiQ. The forum members have always praised about this brand. Therefore, we will request you to post any comparison video or some analysis as @Analogous rightly mentioned. Otherwise, your post will go in vain and will not be taken seriously.
Why he needs to prove anything to any one? He is not obligated to any one here. There is no need for him to post any comparison videos. If he found the speakers to be bad and he has all the rights to express his opinion without any one attacking him just cause he is new. If people feel he is new and just here for false marketing then that’s their wish. Can he ask others to prove he has joined just for bashing indiq and is a competitor? What proof any one has here that he has not auditioned the indiq towers? If he violates any forum rules please report and mods will do the needful

Hello,
The speakers lack base. The soundstage was a complete mess lacks precision. The balance between the vocals and music(instruments playing in the background) is missing. Causes fatigue after a few minuted of listening.

The speakers lack base. The soundstage was a complete mess lacks precision. The balance between the vocals and music(instruments playing in the background) is missing. Causes fatigue after a few minuted of listening.
You are the second person that I know to give negative feedback for indiq. You need to pass your review in a manner that you don’t criticise others who genuinely liked the product. In another thread you passed an insulting comment to a fm to just use Ahuja and that’s where he belongs which is not civil. You can disagree to others but don’t be insulting others doing trash talk

@Love4sound is a valuable member of this forum. So, as he rightly said, i agree with him. At no point of time, we should insult or criticize other. We can put up our opinions without hurting others. Let's wait to hear from some other members too.

You are the second person that I know to give negative feedback for indiq. You need to pass your review in a manner that you don’t criticise others who genuinely liked the product. In another thread you passed an insulting comment to a fm to just use Ahuja and that’s where he belongs which is not civil. You can disagree to others but don’t be insulting others doing trash talk
I think you have missed the persons earlier responses to my reviews. Those were insulting. The person could easily shared his experience/opinions but passing defamatory comments is not acceptable and requires befetting replies.

I think you have missed the persons earlier responses to my reviews. Those were insulting. The person could easily shared his experience/opinions but passing defamatory comments is not acceptable and requires befetting replies.
In that case just report and mods will take care. Yeah I read those posts and don’t agree with some Fan boys here.You are criticising a brand that had received great feedback in the recent times by many members so you will definitely get some back clash for sure. You have all the rights to express your opinion on indiq even though you have just joined today. But this is not like facebook or other social media so just get to know others and converse in a civil manner.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back