What is the best Subwoofer position

View attachment 34431

Where should I keep the Sub woofer? Right, left or center below the AVR?
Subwoofer crawl method is the best way. If you wont be able to do that based on the pic there are 4 options i can think for you to test. Right and left corner. Move your towers to the corner and place the sub in between the rack and speakers on both left and right. Please do post pics and share detailed review on how the sub-woofer sounds. It will be of great help for all who are looking for sub under 30.

Subwoofer crawl method is the best way. If you wont be able to do that based on the pic there are 4 options i can think for you to test. Right and left corner. Move your towers to the corner and place the sub in between the rack and speakers on both left and right. Please do post pics and share detailed review on how the sub-woofer sounds. It will be of great help for all who are looking for sub under 30.
Sure bro, I yet to receive the sub. Will post the detailed review

Manoj ,

Have you got the Sub delivered . Eagerly waiting to hear from you on the review .
Not yet! Just talked to the dealer, he said, it would be delivered within a week. So, Im guessing I could set it up next saturday.

Closer to your listening position, sides of your seat.. If that is not possible,then front corners..
I dont think thats possible, anyway, have quite a room. let me try many positions and update this thread

Okay, I got my Sub. And tried auto config in the AVR. Took really 5-10 Min to set it up. Played test songs from USB and found that Sub is soo under performing. Not even providing the bass and CLARITY my 5.0 has given earlier. I must have missed something for sure. Didn't touch crossover settings in the AVR. The CO knob behind the sub is set at 50s. Tried changing that and nothing. Tell me what did I miss! Suggest me guys.

Okay, I got my Sub. And tried auto config in the AVR. Took really 5-10 Min to set it up. Played test songs from USB and found that Sub is soo under performing. Not even providing the bass and CLARITY my 5.0 has given earlier. I must have missed something for sure. Didn't touch crossover settings in the AVR. The CO knob behind the sub is set at 50s. Tried changing that and nothing. Tell me what did I miss! Suggest me guys.
Wat avr you are using?

Audyssey? I don't know bro. So, position matters unlike Front speakers no matter where it placed?
Ok I just checked and seems like it doesn’t have Audyssey. You need to manually set the subwoofer distance in the speakers settings. And for a single sub positioning is everything and it matters the most

Ohhh. Okay I ll try diff positions. But given the cable length all I cab do is placing it at left and right positions of the AVR. (See the pic above)

This set up is much better. (Cable length restrictions) One slight issue though. Sound seems to be most thunderous at listening distance about 1 ft above floor. While sitting in chair its relatively low. Good but relatively low. I have placed the mic next to my ear while calibrating.

When you calibrate using the mic or audyssey......it should be placed at ear level where you listen the most.......obviously if you are closer to the speakers....it will sound loud!

I felt the sound is much better at listening distance than near the speakers. Will try increase the sub volume and test now

Back