What is the best Subwoofer position

This set up is much better. (Cable length restrictions) One slight issue though. Sound seems to be most thunderous at listening distance about 1 ft above floor. While sitting in chair its relatively low. Good but relatively low. I have placed the mic next to my ear while calibrating.

Sub looks cool. setting up a sub takes time. Keep experimenting.

Dear Manoj, Truth is, there is no way by which anyone can suggest a 'best' subwoofer position without knowing the room. Only trial and error works. sometimes it may be at the insane locations of your room where it sounds the best, but thats how it works.

There is no way anyone can suggest you the best position. Get a loooong RCA cable and do the sub crawl. Nothing else works.

Regarding configuration, in your receiver you'd need to do it manually. Make sure all speakers are set to small, crossover for all speakers set to 80/90/100 Hz(try each one, pick what sounds most balanced), set crossover on sub to the largest number on the dial. Now play a track with clean bass, have a friend sit with your sub holding the volume knob and you sitting at primary listening position. Ask the friend to increase the volume on the sub till you just start hearing the bass. That's your perfect volume for sub. You can increase or decrease a few notches based on preference. This works great if you have done your sub crawl correctly and placed the sub in the best position possible keeping aesthetics in mind.

MaSh

There may be only guidance for sub placement ...but really the best position will be difficult to say. It greatly depends upon your room. Do a sub crawl (Watch few Youtube videos for better idea of subcrawl) and then place it.

hi guys .... while doing sub crawl, we place the sub in our sitting position and crawl on the floor like a cat :D:D
But the question is, should we place the sub on the floor or at ear height at sitting position?

Try pulling the speakers slightly forward into the room, away from the front wall and keep them in the same plane as the subwoofer.
This set up is much better. (Cable length restrictions) One slight issue though. Sound seems to be most thunderous at listening distance about 1 ft above floor. While sitting in chair its relatively low. Good but relatively low. I have placed the mic next to my ear while calibrating.

This one is good not better than my previous position. I felt the closer it gets to listening position the better the sound is. RCA cable length is not an issue but powering the sub is the problem if I move it too close to me.

Edit: if I increase the sub volume it is matching my previous sound clarity and punch.

Just keep experimenting. If you feel the bass is better getting closer to the sub position then try changing the distance settings

If there is no distortion then great.....try some real continuous action scenes like explosions or crashes etc....you will know then....tread carefully on the volume........

Best position is 1/3rd. Worst positions are on the center/corners/center of the rooms. There are the places where the room modes are strongest and hence your subwoofer will behave like basstrap and you get severe Inter modular distortion

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back