what is the definition of good bass??

After all these elaborate discussions on good bass, the folks here, I hope, will be able to visualize all the diverse wavelengths emanating from a sub-woofer the next time they hear one ... :eek:hyeah:

Just a passing thought ... :)

Cheers

After all these elaborate discussions on good bass, the folks here, I hope, will be able to visualize all the diverse wavelengths emanating from a sub-woofer the next time they hear one ... :eek:hyeah:

Just a passing thought ... :)

Cheers

an ode to that

Hey Manu,

Long time no see. Have you found good bass?... as I have found my lady:yahoo: Akai SW-175

--
helium

Last edited:
^^^^^^ :eek: where did you get such vintage beauties from? Me too looking for them!

I worked in the office till 4:00 Am and travelled by public transport all the way to Jaipur and picked my lady love!;) I returned on a Volvo and paid additional by her weight 60kgs. Just changed the capacitors and now she's singing. The sound of vintage equipment is sweet and sublime!:eek: Nothing beats them! She comes in and PMC- Tb2 goes out!:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
...as this disease is more severe.:rolleyes:

--
helium
SB Classic -> Lyrita DIY DAC Philips TDA1543 -> Lyrita SET 2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 / Highly modified B&W DM4 -> Lyrita ICs + Cables => MUSIC

Probably it will help me to ascertain if they have Good clean bass without any overhang, and which wont overwhelm the other frequencies but at the same time can you can separate it out form rest of the sound.

lower frequency response extension less than 20Hz improves its spike of 100Hz performance
though we may not hear 20Hz signal alone.
higher the bandwidth of the amplifier higher the sound quality of the given signal
even though human hearing bandwidth is much lesser than available equipments' response.

hello brothers

i want to know that is it true that a subwoofer which don't have frequency response lower that 25hz is basically a woofer whether it is of 12 inches or 18 inches

and is it real subwoofers are those which can go down below 20 hz

Some Transmission Line subwoofers can play below 20Hz which is non-boomy too. But for going that low the size of the box will be quite huge. Also some exo-linear TL designs allow smaller box dimensions without compromising on the low frequency extension.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back