What is the difference between a CDP & a regular DVD Player?

kksunil

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post though I have been an active reader for sometime.
May be this is a stupid questions, still...
What is the difference between a CDP & a regular DVD Player?
People here rate a CDP better than a DVD player? Isn't the same ? If someone has a DVD player should they have to buy another CD player for quality considerations?

sunil, welcome to hifivision. We would appreciate if you put a little effort before you post.

firstly, read the stuff already on this forum. This topic has been discussed to death. Go through the various topics and read them, and then if you have questions, please feel free to ask.

secondly, why is this topic in the "Surround Amplifiers/Receivers" section?

Thanks.

And oh ya, the answer is a qualified yes, (with a few notable exceptions) you need a CD player if you want quality music.

If someone has a DVD player should they have to buy another CD player for quality considerations?

Did that myself and am happy with the results, even tho my DVDP is no slouch as a CD player.

But as psychotropic says, the answer is a "qualified yes". Its all in the level of the DVDP. I'm sure a really high end universal player would be much better at 2 channel reproduction than any budget CDP.

1. A dvd shares its money, between video playback + audio playback.

2. A cd player spends all its money optimising audio playback.

Welcome here,

DVDp can play many other formats than only DVD(cd to mp3)
CDp is dedicated to music & is expensive.It has better DAC for music.

If you wanted a DVD/Blu-Ray player also to be a good CDP you can buy the Marantz UD9004 or the Denon 4010UD reference player.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back