What is the difference between LG42le5500 &5300?

balabala

Last week I had seen the demo of 42LGLE5500,was blown away by the pq.It was the best among 20 other models in display,with full HD movies running at CHROMA
Actually I had finalized on 50pk500,but the problems faced by owners in the forum created butterflies in the stomach:sad:
So,thinking of going for LG LED.Also there is a huge price difference of 6k between the above mentioned models?,why so?,is the pannel exactly the same in both the models.Iam not tech savvy:D,so wouldn't be using the Tv for anything else except watching DVD and telecast from DTH.So would LE5300 suffice?

Both would be using the IPS panel. Check the specs online at the LG site. I think there would be a difference in things like response time, dynamic contrast ratio, audio output, USB port's ability to play HD movie files, etc.
I think the LE5300 would suffice if YOU feel the PQ is good enough.

Thanks Shredder,I checked at LG website,the only difference is the auto dimming of local pixels.i.e.,spot control present in 5500,rest it's all the same in both models with respect to contrast ration,response time etc.
My mind is still with plasma 50pk550.let's see

Last week I had seen the demo of 42LGLE5500,was blown away by the pq.It was the best among 20 other models in display,with full HD movies running at CHROMA
Actually I had finalized on 50pk500,but the problems faced by owners in the forum created butterflies in the stomach:sad:
So,thinking of going for LG LED.Also there is a huge price difference of 6k between the above mentioned models?,why so?,is the pannel exactly the same in both the models.Iam not tech savvy:D,so wouldn't be using the Tv for anything else except watching DVD and telecast from DTH.So would LE5300 suffice?

What prices you got on those two models ...? There seem to be a sale in ezone today on those models... Happened to see in local paper... Check out..

The price of 5500-42 was around 84 k and the other model 6 k less
The offer at EZONE was not for this model I beleive,it was for the last year's model as seen in their website
Thanks

Back