What media player to buy

As @mathan said now am using same like him .. i never bother about data consumption as i have plenty of data left. i guess as of no need of Blu Ray player as of now as PLEX doing decent for me.

If you are streaming from NAS or PC to Nvidia shield it will not consume any internet data. You can try steaming the data removing the Internet CAT 5 or 6 cables from the modem, still, it should work.

Provided you have configured the network right way - "Home network"

+1 @rainbowsong2000. Internet data is consumed only when you are online. Any data transferred from any device locally through your home network is using the wireless transmission capabilities only and nothing to do with internet data, regardless of which plan you have...period. There is no technically maybe, could be, might be in this.

Simple scenario: playing a song from your phone wirelessly on your AVR. It goes through your home network. No internet data consumed. Although, if you login into your router and see the traffic details, it will show the total traffic in an out of the router which includes both online and in home traffic.

You can use an Xbox One S to serve the needs of Blu Ray and 3D movies along with media playback from USB. In your case, it also doubles as a gaming console ;)

I have not tried this so not sure though, if you have a laptop then connect the HDD to the laptop, HDMI out of the Laptop to TV and then HDMI ARC on TV to AVR's hdmi input.

Another try could be try the laptop hdmi to the AVR media player/or what ever hdmi input is there and then connect AVR's hdmi output to TV's hdmi ARC.

Lets us know if this works.

Below quoted one will help you for HDD contents. full hd , atmos,3D contents and it supports upto 8tb hard disk.PM if it interest u

This looks promising and has good user reviews on amazon.com. If still available and if you have not purchased any player why dont you give it a shot?

If you can spend a bit buy the NVIDIA Shield TV. Nothing comes close. I have used numerous players over the years but the NVIDIA Shield TV does it all with ease. I play huge Atmos files through it and it does it effortlessly. One time but the best investment.

If you can spend a bit buy the NVIDIA Shield TV. Nothing comes close. I have used numerous players over the years but the NVIDIA Shield TV does it all with ease. I play huge Atmos files through it and it does it effortlessly. One time but the best investment.
Dont you loose sound in height channels while playing atmos movies through HDD? i checked on the internet and with few users as well and it seems to be an issue with Nvidia shield. Streaming through plex solves this issue

Dont you loose sound in height channels while playing atmos movies through HDD? i checked on the internet and with few users as well and it seems to be an issue with Nvidia shield. Streaming through plex solves this issue
Not at all. I watch movies and demos in Atmos and the immersion is surreal. Everything plays through the NVIDIA Shield TV perfectly fine.

Not at all. I watch movies and demos in Atmos and the immersion is surreal. Everything plays through the NVIDIA Shield TV perfectly fine.
For me also streaming atmos in plex it plays flawlessly. But in Kodi i keep losing audio at height channels. Checked in MX, vlc as well and in the same scenes i loose audio at height channels. In internet also i found some users facing the same problem and same was confirmed by one FM as well.

Hi guys ,

recently bought Denon 4500h and connected to firestick tv .. its playing fine .. i have lot of movies in my hard disk (1tb).. i am not able to play any of them through AVR and even from TV. TV means connected hard disk to tv and played .. video and audio coming out from TV not from AVR setup. Pls advice how can i play usb content on HT ..
Hi,
try egreat media player

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back