What receiver for Monitor Audio BR5

ANNA

I am thinking of purchasing Monitor Audio BR5 speakers could anyone suggest me what receiver will be most suitable for it. I am more of music lover. Like to watch movies once in 2 weeks.

I am thinking of purchasing Monitor Audio BR5 speakers could anyone suggest me what receiver will be most suitable for it. I am more of music lover. Like to watch movies once in 2 weeks.

Here we go all over again.

Anna, I have asked this question a 100 times, but I will repeat it. If you are interested in music (you say you are a music lover) why are you looking at an AV Receiver? Why not a CDP and stereo amp? You can always see a movie in a 2.0 system unless you are very particular about an HT.

If you going for an AVR you are basically going for an HT. That will always be a compromise when you consider good music. For the same Rupee, you will get better music from a stereo amplifier.

If you are yet insistent on an receiver, the best models in the market today are the following (in no particular order):

1. Onkyo 606, 706
2. Denon 1909
3. Marantz 4003
5. Yamaha 663, 863

All these models excepting the 706 and the 853 will be under 50,000. The Onkyo 706 and the Yamaha 863 will be between 50 to 70K.

Cheers

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back