what should i buy

Ashh

Hello frnds,

I m very new to this forum, and i m very much confused what home theater/ AV receiver should i buy. my budget is around 40 K . and my priority is 80 % music 20 % movies.

Please suggest should i go for yamaha yht 2910 or denon avr x 500 with sys 5.1. or any other system.

I will be looking forward for your suggestions.

If really you interested in music you can consider a 2 channel setup instead of 5.1

If you need 5.1 channel then its music playback capability will be seriously compromised at a budget of 40k.

If you are a true music lover and wanting hi fidelity sound sooner or later you will realize 5.1 system is not making you happy.

I am saying this considering you are giving 80 weightage to music alone.

Having said that a 5.1 system can do music good enough if you OK with decent sound.

Why is it so?
Its budgeting basically. For 5.1 system the 40k will be divided into more components. In 2 channel same 40k will get distributed among fewer components.

Hope it gives some context.

I have seen this as a pattern and its NOT a rule of thumb.

I would suggest you to:
1. Listen to any decent 5.1 system @40k and put on 2 channel
2. Listen to 2 channel @40k
(Catch here is its just 2 channel :) )
Decide for yourself after listening.

Cheers!

Thanks 4 reply,

also i had heard that 2.1 or 2 channel is good for music than 5.1. but i was not sure whether it was true or not. because i have not compared 2.1 to 5.1.

I have heard only denon AVR x500 with sys 5.1 and yamaha yht 196 with active subwoofer. and i have found that denon was good.

and also i dont know any 2.1 or 2 channel system.

may you suggest some particular 2.1 or 2 channel model music system.

and once again thanks..

music is recorded in 2 channel and therefore a 2 channel setup in ideal. movies are recorded in 5.1 / 7.1. if youre main usage is for music, you should for for a stereo setup. you will be spending your budget on 2 good speakers instead of 6 average speakers. similar with the amp. 2 channels vs 5 / 7 channels

at that budget, look at the wharfedale diamond bookshelves. the bose 301's are well rounded speakers too and good value. for the amp, personally i would suggest the yamaha as300

A good amplifier is great for music means it will be great for movies too,if it is great for movies it doesn't mean it will do music very good.For music listening go for a stereo amplifier which is much more powerful compared to av recievers at the same price,also don't buy amplifier just based on it's watt rating.

Hello friends,

I am new to home theatre systems. I was planning to have a ht set up at my home. I have a dedicated 12/ 25 ft room for home theater. I have been studying about ht systems for the last three months from various sources and learnt a lot in this forum. I have got an Epson powerlite home cinema 2030 projector from US (through my brother ). Now, about speakers: I had almost finalized on PIONEER AJ237ZXT Andrew Jones 7.1 speaker system with pioneer 7.1 av receiver for 69000 rupees on Snapdeal. I tried to purchase, but due some technical error, I could not. Next day when I tried, it was out of order. I started researching about following
1. Energy take 5.1
2. Boston acoustics a se xs 5.1
3. Definitive technology procinema 400.
4. Pioneer Aj series
5. paradigm ct series
6. Wharfedale movie star ct 65, hcs 100, and dx-1 hcp
7. Audiopro avanto 5.0 black
8. Jbl cinema 300

After extensive reading, I opted out of energy take and definive technology series since I felt there were better options at the same pricegreat. although they had greatsh expert reviews, user reviews we're not showing exemplary sound. An series is not available as a pack and is slightly confusing. Boston acoustimas xe 5.1 looked impressive but very small satellites is very difficult to handle. Paradigm cinema ct series are very expensive . Now I am left with

1. AUDIOPRO AVANTO 5.0 . Looks great. Only few reviews. No user reviews on hifivision forum. It's available for 42,000 on Amazon and snapdeal
2. Wharfedale hcs 100. Great reviews. Great user experience. Lots and lots of positive opinions.
3. Jbl cinema 300. No proper expert reviews. Some user reviews on hifivision revealed exceptional and truly amazing sound for movies as well as music.

Since I am not sure of complete and quality sound by ' audiopro avanto 5.0, I have to choose between JBL home cinema 300 and wharfedale Movie star 100 hcp. Movie star 100 is available for 29000 rupees, jbl 300 is available for about the same price. Forum members please help me understand the difference between these two systems. Avr system, I will take up later.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back