What should speakers be built of ?

I have had speakers strung to the mouth of a big earthenware pot before during college days in India. Thick wall pot, like a gaddam, but not so big, like 1/2 the size. I glued styrofoam peanuts to the mouth and put the driver on that and tied it on to the neck with shoelaces. Then I put that in a cardboard box that was a tight fit, just so it wont roll around.

They are really not too bad, but they can accentuate a few frequencies. But you're running a singe spealer as a semi full ranger so it probably is not too noticeable.

Cool.
Srinath.

Hello,

Out of exterior grade MDF and Marine grade plywood which is better to build a frugal horn mk3 speakers?
Cost wise both are almost similar here, one sheet (8*4) Green exterior grade MDF 18mm is around 3.2k rupees and century marine grade plywood is also around 3.3k rupees.

which one would be better to pick?
Also will there be any health hazards using exterior grade MDF or PLYs and using inside home as speakers?

thanks and regards
S Sarath

About 3 weeks ago I bought a truck full of audio.
I got - a pair of B&W THX PCS8 subs - these are the trapezium shaped cabinents with the same woofers as the 801 series 3, a pair of B&W 802 series 2's, a single B&W FCM8 (meant to work as a center or go on top of the PCS8 subs) a pair of Adcom 5802's, a carver TFM55x, a Rotel rsp 1068 processor pre-amp, a Proceed amp 3, a bunch of cables, those music wave 1 way ones - and have been swapping audio components ever since.
I sold the carver and both adcoms in the next 2 days.
Working on finding a pair of FCM8's and that should allow me to move the B&W 802's to the bedroom.

Cool.
Srinath.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back