What speaker wire should I get for wiriting HT?

desertfox

Not the monster kind but what's the best value for money speaker wire that can be purchased? What brand and can someone provide an indicative price range?

Thanks!

I would suggest a decent gauge of stranded Finolex electrical wire will do the trick cost effectively.

:):)precisly yes...try single strand(solid core) heavy gasuge pure copper wires..

or polycab speaker wires....1200 rs full bundle..

or here in hifivision...DAC cables...DAC

:):)precisly yes...try single strand(solid core) heavy gasuge pure copper wires..

or polycab speaker wires....1200 rs full bundle..

or here in hifivision...DAC cables...DAC

I'm using MX Brand. 12 AWG for fronts and 16 AWG for rears. Check out mdrelectronics.com. The fronts I got for 153 Rs/m and the rears something around 60-80/m

I also use DAC cables, find them good value for money, slightly costlier than good electrical cables.

Buy 12 Gauge - MX at around Rs120/Mtr - MX dealer is located at Gujrati Galli, Koti, Hyd.
Alternatively I think MX website provides online order facility. Not sure if they sell Loose Speaker wire or only a bundle.

MX, Bandridge and DAC are good local brands that seem to work decently for the money spent.

DAC is available on HFV mart.

Additionally, you will have to buy connectors, either spades or plugs. Also if you have a sub-woofer, you will have to buy seperate Sub-woofer cables.

Best,
APK

hydrovac

why dont you check hifimart

the cables are very good VFM
plus you help the forum

they have DAC,Belden and WICAB

all are nice for HT

i use WICAB

the 5000 Belden seriesare good for budget stereo setups too
infact the blue jeans cables are belden cables that are rebadged

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer