What SUB to buy Klipsh SPL-100 or SVS-SB-1000 or SVS-PB-1000

sunild

HI Guys,

I am upgrading my 5.1 speakers , i have KEF 2500 small bookshelf at the moment.
Upgrading to Klipsh rp-600 M front L and R, RP600-C centre (purchased), R -51 for surround(purchased), when i was going through subs came across with SVS, need your advise , i may not have option to audition.

Mainly i use this for 80:20 for Movie:Audio, looking for tighter and punchy base not a fan of Boomy sub which can shake you and your neighbours. Room size 14 x 16 sqft.

Yet to buy Sub and L and F channel. i am planning to buy sub by end of this month, if any one own these subs please share your review and suggest best Sub. i will try if i can audition.

Price in Dubai

Klipsh SPL-100 = 45600Rs
SVS-SB-1000 = 37905
SVS-PB-1000 = 37905

Hi

It is recommended that you audition these subs with the content (Movies / Music) you usually hear or watch to get a reference so as to enable you to decide.

Check the specs and ensure that you get a sub which can output much more lower frequencies than your front speakers and other speakers....

Sub type alone does not determine the best sub...

It is also based on room placement, treatment of dedicated room if any etc. Also depends on AVR settings etc....

There are dedicated Brand threads for most subwoofers on this forum....suggest you go through them to get an idea....

Mainly i use this for 80:20 for Movie:Audio, looking for tighter and punchy base not a fan of Boomy sub which can shake you and your neighbours. Room size 14 x 16 sqft.

Ported subs are capable of producing higher SPL than sealed subs of the same driver size.. So if movies is your thing, then ported is the way to go..

Also dual subs in a room help to overcome some of the low freq issues when using a single sub.. So choose any two subs from the aval brands in your budget..

Thanks guys i dont have option to audition as i mentioned, i will go through threads anyways, if anyone presently owns these subs, they can share there experience.
By the way i dont have dedicated room for HT.

@elangoas - thanks for the advise, i do have one sub presently of KEF , will see how this fits with SVS, if required will go for one more later to have 2 same subs.
@Kumar442244 - thanks for the price link, i will check at Dubaiadudio - if they allow to audition and at the same price if they can offer.

You might want to ensure that your sub has a balanced input apart from unbalanced.
The best components these days are going all balanced and this will ease out connecting things in the future (ofcourse if you are retaining the same sub)

HI Guys,

I am upgrading my 5.1 speakers , i have KEF 2500 small bookshelf at the moment.
Upgrading to Klipsh rp-600 M front L and R, RP600-C centre (purchased), R -51 for surround(purchased), when i was going through subs came across with SVS, need your advise , i may not have option to audition.

Yet to buy Sub and L and F channel. i am planning to buy sub by end of this month, if any one own these subs please share your review and suggest best Sub. i will try if i can audition.

Price in Dubai

Klipsh SPL-100 = 45600Rs
SVS-SB-1000 = 37905
SVS-PB-1000 = 37905
If your primary requirement is movies, go with the pb2000. Have been using it for 4yrs, highly recommend it

Hi Mshifi ,

I am planning buy PB1000 for now, will go for second one later. 2 Subs will better compared 1 PB2000

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back