What to buy from Japan?

Chid

One of my relative who is on a short trip to Japan and can carry up to 10 kgs for me.

I want some suggestions on things to buy within 50k budget on Hi-fi stuff which is cheaper in Japan or available only in Japan.

Thank you

In Japan its 110v so if you are purchasing any electronic gadgets, kindly ask for 240v. As ROC mentioned the Japanese pressed CD's are of very hi quality and sells for a premium worldwide. Start collecting and have a blast.
Generally Audiophile equipment from Japan are very expensive and I doubt you will get any audiophile products for that price.

What about a Leben CS-300/ CS-300X(S) valve amplifier? Of course a 230 V. May be it is cheaper there and the quality of construction is such that you can pass it on to the next generation :D

if you find leben cheaper there do let me know. You may try used as well for a great deal. I have a friend there as well. However, I doubt it would be less than 10kg

Thanks reignofchaos, Soundofmusic, ravi_d, anm

@anm - I will let you if I find a great deal

Japan has a strange voltage - 100v and not 110v, makes it hard to get a step down of this voltage.

They have electronic items that are marked export which could have the traditional voltage.

With domestic products, the menu options may be in Japanese, so may be an issue, so do check for those.

Of the things I scoured, I found Digital SLR's to be priced very nicely and maybe a good buy if you are interested. As most high end DSLRs are made in Japan, the cost tends to be cheaper in Japan, I think.

Akihabara would be a good place to go to for all electronic items.

Do as much research as possible on pricing-I know that many products are priced higher in Japan as compared to some( like USA) international markets, sometimes the price diff is significant.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back