What to buy thread from a Novice

Hi,

You can possibly get a Marantz NR1504 (old model without wifi / bluetooth) which will match quite well with the Bostons.....possibly for 30k types + or - 2k

Hi,

You can possibly get a Marantz NR1504 (old model without wifi / bluetooth) which will match quite well with the Bostons.....possibly for 30k types + or - 2k
Thanks. I can live without WiFi but Bluetooth is must for streaming music for me. It will be source or majority of my music need.

From a quick look on specs of Marantz, it seems to be high on apples. I am not part of apple fanboy brigade, hence may not be able to use airplay etc.

I have the Marantz NR1506, and though I do not own even a single apple device :D, the sound quality and features are totally worth the money, esp. the sound quality. I have also used the Denon AVR X520BT, and in the price range I personally found it better than the Pioneers. If you are considering the VSX 531 for about 34K, then Denon for 37K, is a much better deal in my opinion, purely in terms of sound as the features are pretty similar.

Bindi - When you mention your budget - is it all cash or you are considering your credit card as a means to pay? If it is credit card, you would have go for either new ones. Not many in India are open to paypal fees; so used gears are mostly ruled out. Credit cards limit your options to the new ones but expand the horizon in terms of budget if you are smart in managing EMIs.

If you have saved enough money in savings, going for used ones would give you a greater degree of VFM. I have spent about 125K in my equipments but all of them are used.

One other advice that you can see in the forum is to go for used speakers and new electronics (AVR/Amps/Players). IMHO, this is a safer bet.

Bindi - When you mention your budget - is it all cash or you are considering your credit card as a means to pay? If it is credit card, you would have go for either new ones. Not many in India are open to paypal fees; so used gears are mostly ruled out. Credit cards limit your options to the new ones but expand the horizon in terms of budget if you are smart in managing EMIs.

If you have saved enough money in savings, going for used ones would give you a greater degree of VFM. I have spent about 125K in my equipments but all of them are used.

One other advice that you can see in the forum is to go for used speakers and new electronics (AVR/Amps/Players). IMHO, this is a safer bet.
I am open for used ones and been spending more time to search for any such deal as I know it may help me in getting a better AVR in my limited budget and need. If buying new, would buy from credit card preferably.

I have the Marantz NR1506, and though I do not own even a single apple device :D, the sound quality and features are totally worth the money, esp. the sound quality. I have also used the Denon AVR X520BT, and in the price range I personally found it better than the Pioneers. If you are considering the VSX 531 for about 34K, then Denon for 37K, is a much better deal in my opinion, purely in terms of sound as the features are pretty similar.
Thanks. To be honest, currently trying to narrow down on my options for AVR within my budget for a new one and used one. Depending on which way I go, I need something which fits my needs and pocket. I see Marantz has good reviews but current prices are high. As I mentioned I am looking for used ones and hoping to find a deal soon (with October around the corner many would like to sell off old ones to upgrade)!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back