what to buy to add DTS virtual X to any stereo setup?

Guruguha

Hi everyone.
I'm not entirely sure if my question makes sense but here goes.
I am a stereo guy. 2 channels for 2 ears. I like music. I do use my system with a TV but I don't want an AVR. (like a denon / marantz/ yamaha etc).

i know theres converter boxes that will take an HDMI signal and make stereo inputs for an old stereo system. However i want something Specifically for DTS virtual X. I dont know a whole lot about surround sound formats but to my understanding DTSX is an alternative to something like dolby atmos. and the strength of DTSX is that it can reconfigure to different speaker setups 3.1 - 5.1. - 7.1 even 2.1. dts virtual X is a specific application of dtsX where it is targeting stereo systems and virtualizing the height.

Now... i want his capability on my existing tube stereo system. BUT i dont want to have to buy an AVR to do the preamplifier out with dts virtual x. i want a box that will be like a DAC but taking hdmi in and getting the dts virtual x out for connecting to my stereo preamplifier. is there such a box?

i know i can get boxes on amazon that will do hdmi in to 5.1 dts out, but i dont understand enough about these things to know if DTS virtual X will come out... to me it seems like that it is that something that needs a computation and not just and audio extraction?

hope all this makes some sense to someone... looking forward to any advice i may receive.

Hi everyone.
I am a stereo guy. 2 channels for 2 ears. I like music. I do use my system with a TV but I don't want an AVR. (like a denon / marantz/ yamaha etc).

i know theres converter boxes that will take an HDMI signal and make stereo inputs for an old stereo system. However i want something Specifically for DTS virtual X. I dont know a whole lot about surround sound formats but to my understanding DTSX is an alternative to something like dolby atmos. and the strength of DTSX is that it can reconfigure to different speaker setups 3.1 - 5.1. - 7.1 even 2.1. dts virtual X is a specific application of dtsX where it is targeting stereo systems and virtualizing the height.

Now... i want his capability on my existing tube stereo system. BUT i dont want to have to buy an AVR to do the preamplifier out with dts virtual x. i want a box that will be like a DAC but taking hdmi in and getting the dts virtual x out for connecting to my stereo preamplifier. is there such a box?

i know i can get boxes on amazon that will do hdmi in to 5.1 dts out, but i dont understand enough about these things to know if DTS virtual X will come out... to me it seems like that it is that something that needs a computation and not just and audio extraction?

hope all this makes some sense to someone... looking forward to any advice i may receive.
Not possible . Oly option is to get an AVR pre and use the outputs

DTSX is not easy and not for everyone. You see there is a reason why all streaming apps are only Dolby and Dolby atmos , and why all LG TVs have only Dolby Decoding and not DTS or DTSX. From what I understand, it is because of a higher premium charged by DTS company and secondly due to higher bandwidth needed for DTS tracks which no streamer wants a burden of. Even within Soundbars it is only the very high-end models that u find DTS X decoding. So with technology of this kind i doubt anything less than an AVR will do. Any thing other or cheaper than AVR will only reproduce an inferior downscaled version of DTSX which will be regular DTS 5.1. If you are a purist and you actually care for your music experience, settle for nothing less than an AVR which clearly shows the Logo of 'DTS Virtual X' somewhere on its box, in its user manual or imprinted on its Metallic body. That outright declaration of logo will be a certified proof that it has the legal licensing to decode and as you said 'compute' that track.

Hi everyone.

Dts Virtual X is a type of pseudo upmixer which claims to provide height channel effects/ immersion without using height speakers.

So far This is available in some models of AVR & sound bars only.
Therefore Currently you cannot able to utilise it without having an AVR or sound bars.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back