What type of speaker for Atmos setup

rajesh srinivas

Dear all,

What type of speakers required for atmos setup (tweeter with mid or woofer),DIY will be my method ,I wish to buy speakers and
make a box.,,Current configuration for my 7.1 setup - Peerless M13nh as Midrange and TL26SG as highs (MTM),M16ki as woofer.

Should i use the same speakers as a M/T,since ceiling cant bear much weight,or go in for some others drivers???? or readyone
which can match my setup.

Thanks
rajesh.

How do you plan on mounting them? I have two of these Taga bookshelves mounted onto the ceiling pointed towards the middle of the room as my front heights.

48845176681_2f2c517363_k.jpg

what mount did you use? where can I get the mounts, I am looking for mounts that can support 11lbs speaker.

They are the myl mounts I got off of amazon. It’s the same as the ones monoprice sells just rebranded. It says max load is 10lbs.

I have my concerns about them though. Apart from the keyhole slot and wall bracket everything is fastened using friction based hex nut and bolts between the hard plastic arms. If you pull them with moderate force they’ll come off.

I might change the mount itself in a week or two. Diyaudiocart was selling some 22lb mounts but they’re expensive at 2k for a pair.

here's the link

It’s a 8.3 kg speaker right? The mounts hold them firm on the concrete ceiling? Does the weight changes the angle or holds firm ?

Nah they’re just over 4.5 kgs. The mount has an extension arm which holds angles relatively well but everything is held by friction using allen bolts. First time I tried them the speakers were just slipping off the arm.

Nah they’re just over 4.5 kgs. The mount has an extension arm which holds angles relatively well but everything is held by friction using allen bolts. First time I tried them the speakers were just slipping off the arm.
Ok I am looking for mounts that will hold 3.2 kg speakers. The image below is the zensor Pico and they have a nail slot in the top.BF1212FD-351E-46C1-A018-D84199511629.jpeg

If speaker is rear ported it is not an issue ? I mean we cannot keep it near to wall no?
Bit surprised even the SVS prime elevation is rear ported and it is recommended to be placed on will.
I use dali and the svs elevations. Svs is installed in the ceiling and the z3 which is also rear ported close to the wall. As per spec sheet minimum 5cm and max of 30 cm. They sound excellent. You just need to calibrate it properly. If placed close to the wall it will sound boomy so need to adjust the gain and crossover accordingly.

Current configuration for my 7.1 setup - Peerless M13nh as Midrange and TL26SG as highs (MTM),M16ki as woofer.

If you can repeat the same speaker as that of your other speakers on the wall, then that would be great..

If not, get JBL control 1 speaker which have threaded inserts at the back.. Easy to mount on ceiling with external brackets..

Back