Where can I buy the Dune Duo or the Smart D1? Are there better ones?

pguy

I'm looking for a high quality streamer without storage and the HDI Dune Smart D1 fits the bill, but no distributor in India is carrying the Smart D1 or planning to.

The fall back option is the Dune Duo, but that comes with storage I don't need. I already have a NAS, but if the Smart DI is not available, then I'd go for the Dune Duo. Anyone buy one recently and what might be a good price for pay for this?

Are there any other streamers that are currently better than these? My concerns are the ability to play flac and any video format thrown at em.

Thanks!

PS: Don't need blu-ray player in the streamer. Using a BDP 93 for blu-rays/dvds

Kittuji,

Nobody in this forum is keeping the himedia, they buy-sell it immediately. Dont followed it much, any firmware issues on that?:p

The stages of learning is improving in HFV, people start with entry level media players and finally end up with HTPC... "Upgrade bug" , I dont have to tell you how bad the bug bites ;):rolleyes:

All the media players which are chipset based tend to have limited features , so when people want some thing more from such players they realize certain things can not be done just with firmware and sell the players to go via HTPC route. These days all gadgets equipped with nice features people do find some redundant features in the gadgets and sell some of them. This is also the case. A bit of research before buying a product will always help . :)

The stages of learning is improving in HFV, people start with entry level media players and finally end up with HTPC... "Upgrade bug" , I dont have to tell you how bad the bug bites ;):rolleyes:

All the media players which are chipset based tend to have limited features , so when people want some thing more from such players they realize certain things can not be done just with firmware and sell the players to go via HTPC route. These days all gadgets equipped with nice features people do find some redundant features in the gadgets and sell some of them. This is also the case. A bit of research before buying a product will always help . :)

Yes you are right, only some big players like Popcorn use to give regular update and they have succeeded with the same chip set for 3D pass thru too, which nobody in the market yet to give it and no signs of it.

Regards

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back