Where can I get high quality Speaker Drivers

anilva

Folks,

Will appreciate if anyone can give me pointers as to where I can get decent woofers/midrange/tweeters of reputed brands in India, and if possible in Bangalore.

I am looking at 10/12" woofers (not for sub-woofer), midrange and may be ribbon tweeters. I am trying to make something like the Legacy tower speakers with twin 10/12" woofers, midrange and tweeter et al.

I know peerless is available in Mumbai. Anything better? Vifa used to be available in Bangalore (not anymore), but they do not make 10" woofers I guess.

Thanks.

Corrson in Bangalore sells speaker components and kits. Please refer to: Corrson - India's only DIY Store for Hi-End Audio

Out of curiosity, if you are planning to DIY, have you considered speaker designs with full range drivers?

Corrson went out of business sometime back AFAIK.

I have built many speakers till date of different types. I am looking at very high SPL 3 way system with probably dual 10 or 12" woofers in each tower. I know fullrange based systems are interesting but does not meet my criteria for the present. Also full range high SPL speaker drivers tend to be typical PA units or Pro speakers. Not a bad idea to begin with, but I do not want to end up with a Peavey or a Electrovoice type Pro or DJ speakers.

Cheers.

I have built two way speakers using mids and tweeters from Focal, Scanspeak, Raven, Audax and Fostex, but in all cases brought the drivers from the US. I think Scanspeak has a dealer in India-if you check their site you should get info, but I dont think any of the other top brands sells directly into India.

I don't know much about this topic but thought the following thread might have interesting suggestions for you. Ofcourse you would still have to get your drivers from the US:

DIY Audio 3-way reference project?? - Page 30 - diyAudio

i have to think - "three-way" "reference system" is an oxymoron (in absolute terms)

perhaps that reference is as far as three-way systems are concerned?

similar comments apply to line-array systems?

I was going though the 20north website and they have everything that Partsexpress has. I think it is a link to that website like they do for Amazon. Pretty good collection. The search engine on 20north is pretty lousy. We can decide on what we want at partsexpress and then look for it in 20north and almost all of them are available.

Anyway need to weigh-in the time that I can spare and motivation I have to see the project through. Or may be just buy Legacy Audio speakers.....

Cheers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back