Where can i get Rockwool absorption panels in Bangalore

Yes. NS Praveen is the name. 9449177669

Praveen is experienced and knowledgeable. If you talk to him try and get him to join the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected, no response from anutone. Not even a quote after a couple of follow ups. Will visit himal supply someone next week.

hi spandan,
Ask Himal supply whether he has got glass wool with ECOSE Technology which doesnt have the resin formaldehyde,that will be a boon to all the diy'ers

Even Rockwool batts are done in the same fashion like glass wool,but glass wool is better than rockwool acoustically.

following is a link which states that glasswool doesnt do any harm,also the panels we make has to be done properly giving importance to how we cover them,many use tissue paper or even 2mm/3mm sponge to see that the wool is intact.

http://pinkbatts.co.nz/assets/Uploads/Formaldehyde-poses-no-risk-in-insulation.pdf

thanks
rajesh

Not to support GIK or anutone, but I disagree. Yes DIY panels will be cheaper but how does one state that they will be more effective. Not sure about Anutone but GIK panels are tested in professional labs. and each panel has a rating of their performance. How does one know that a DIY panel can do that. Here is a link to the 242 panel datasheet that has test results. http://www.gikacoustics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/GIK-242-Acoustic-Panel-Datasheet.pdf
Perhaps DIY panels can match the performance of professional panels, but I seriously doubt they will surpass them.

Cheers,
Sid

PS: My post just crossed captain's post.

hi sid,
my reply to your post was already explained to capt in this same thread,as you have already said GIK Panels are tested in professional labs,that doesnt mean that it will be well suited for our rooms,especially for taming the low freq standing waves they use max thickness 4inches they actually do nothing in the average home listening room if we use this 4" panel with an inch air gap you might be able to absorb as low as 300 to 400 hz,what about freq below 400hz, This is afcourse higher than your troublesome room modes.

It will not do anything about your bass roomboom at those thicknes,you basically will need BBA.

For Getting your room to sound great with acoustic treatment requires combination of 3 items:

Bass Traps to absorb the low frequencies
Acoustic Panels to absorb the mid/high frequencies
Diffusers to scatter the remaining frequencies

GIK can fullfill the 2nd point (Acoustic panels),what about the rest.

For taming standing waves or so called room modes matter a lot for HT and to get perfection needs lot of permutation and combination,at the end its only our ears which can finally decide...so we have to keep on experimenting to achieve results,all these can be achieved through DIY approach.

thanks
rajesh

hi sid,
my reply to your post was already explained to capt in this same thread,as you have already said GIK Panels are tested in professional labs,that doesnt mean that it will be well suited for our rooms,especially for taming the low freq standing waves they use max thickness 4inches they actually do nothing in the average home listening room if we use this 4" panel with an inch air gap you might be able to absorb as low as 300 to 400 hz,what about freq below 400hz, This is afcourse higher than your troublesome room modes.

It will not do anything about your bass roomboom at those thicknes,you basically will need BBA.

For Getting your room to sound great with acoustic treatment requires combination of 3 items:

Bass Traps to absorb the low frequencies
Acoustic Panels to absorb the mid/high frequencies
Diffusers to scatter the remaining frequencies

GIK can fullfill the 2nd point (Acoustic panels),what about the rest.

For taming standing waves or so called room modes matter a lot for HT and to get perfection needs lot of permutation and combination,at the end its only our ears which can finally decide...so we have to keep on experimenting to achieve results,all these can be achieved through DIY approach.

thanks
rajesh

Rajesh,
Yes, you are absolutely right. DIY is the best way to take care of room acoustics especially as you mentioned customizing panel size/thickness which will handle specific frequencies rather than general broadband spectrum. Professional testing etc. does not matter and agree with you that these companies do not make bass traps or diffusers which are very important and as you mentioned they cannot do anything below 400hz which is very important also.
Apologize for my earlier post, I have only very basic knowledge about acoustic treatment, so these were just my general comments. No offence intended. There are many Fm's like yourself who have more hands on experience and knowledge on how these things work.
Good luck.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I have only very basic knowledge about acoustic treatment

right up there in the league of quotable quotes, alongside these ones below!

socrates-knowing-that-you-know-nothing.jpg

vincent-van-gogh-stars.jpg

right up there in the league of quotable quotes, alongside these ones below!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Honestly though, I know very little about listening room acoustics other than from an users perspective and certainly nothing about DIY acoustic panels which seems to be the discussion in this thread.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I found another supplier

Architectural & Acoustical Surfaces (Pvt.) Ltd.: Acoustical Surfaces, Soundproofing Material, Noise Control Curtains, Acoustical Panels, Soundproof Walls

Seems to be a professional setup, dont know if anyone has used them before.

They claimed they wouldnt advise rockwool due to the health hazards esp. for residential purposes. They were recommending using polyster wadding with thickness upto 1000 gsm.

Has anyone got experience using this?

I am planning to put this over perforated gypsum for the ceiling.

However, on further research I saw that there has been no proven carcinogenic effects of glasswool or rockwool and it has been removed from the list of carcinogenic substances in 2001 in the US. So a bit confused now?

Hi ,
These are some rockwool suppliers in banagalore (source indiamart). Usually they will expect us to buy large quantity from them. If you follow them they ill able to help u in buying.Tell them the correct requirement say how much thickeness , density etc. They might dont know if you talk about acoustic panel.

1) Alfa Peb Limited
Nr Road, Bengaluru
2)Manal Enterprises
Mathikere, Bengaluru
3)Aarvi Industrial Materials
Yelahanka New Town, Bengaluru

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back