Where do I buy Samsung PS51D550 in Hyderabad? Is it the right time to buy?

sammydude

Hello all

I've decided to buy a Plasma 3D Full HD Tv. Zeroed in on Samsung PS51D550.
Don't want to look at any other model, since this is good VFM below 70K.

1) Where do I get it for a good price in Hyderabad?
2) Will there be finance options available?
3) Is it the right time to buy or should I wait longer?
4) If I wait longer, will stock get depleted? :)

Regards
sammydude

Hi Blasto,

I don't think its a redundant question. I did check all the threads.
I was looking at answers mainly for questions 3 and 4.
If at all, I have missed an update by a member in a 145 page thread,
then I'm sorry.

But I feel you could have been less rude to a member who has joined only 2 days back and who has gone through all the threads and has a high regard for the updates given by you.

Regards,
sammydude

Hi
Welcome to HFV.

There's another thread similar to yours. The right time to buy a TV is when you feel its time to buy; nobody else can suggest.

Longer you wait, it may get cheaper. Not only in TV but just about everything.. But its hard to say how much stock is left out in Hyderabad.

Even I am too waiting for the right time for 50" plasma ( but I know when it comes :)).

ps: you better become friends with Blasto, he may be the one with the answers you are looking for. :D

But I feel you could have been less rude to a member who has joined only 2 days back and who has gone through all the threads and has a high regard for the updates given by you.

Huh?? Whats rude in what I said?
Thats just an acronym.. Dont take it in face value..

The TV prices are gonna be minimum march-apr but there will be 2012 models to confuse you. If you decide to buy one, buy it. Anything 60-63 is good enuf.

Huh?? Whats rude in what I said?
Thats just an acronym.. Dont take it in face value..

The TV prices are gonna be minimum march-apr but there will be 2012 models to confuse you. If you decide to buy one, buy it. Anything 60-63 is good enuf.

Thanks for clarifying Blasto! Sorry. I got a bit shocked when I searched for RTFF :)
Anyway as mentioned earlier, honestly speaking, I like your knowledgeable updates on this forum! :)

Yes. I've decided not to let the 2012 models confuse me. Thanks. I think I should go for it then.

I know there is a separate forum for viewing distance. Still want to get this clear from you. Would 6-8 feet be good viewing distance for this 51" TV? My friends are scaring me saying that I need to sit far back for a TV of this size.

One last question. The authorized Samsung showroom at Madhapur is quoting 75K. But they are asking me to come down so that they can give me a good offer, with 2 free 3D glasses. Should I go for this, or visit Bajaj Electronics, Kukatpally.

Sorry about these basic questions. Newbie! Couldn't relate to the other Samsung D490 forum since I'm not interested in that model.

Thanks again, Blasto! :)

Regards,
sammydude

Hi
Welcome to HFV.

There's another thread similar to yours. The right time to buy a TV is when you feel its time to buy; nobody else can suggest.

Longer you wait, it may get cheaper. Not only in TV but just about everything.. But its hard to say how much stock is left out in Hyderabad.

Even I am too waiting for the right time for 50" plasma ( but I know when it comes :)).

ps: you better become friends with Blasto, he may be the one with the answers you are looking for. :D

Hi Santy,

Yes. I did go through the D490 forum. But not interested in that model since its half HD. I'm also scared to wait since stock may get depleted.

Initially I was planning for a 32" 3D LED. Then after research I realised that 3D is good in plasma TVs. The cheapest 3D Plasma Full HD tv seems to be the D550. So no option but to go for the 51". Hoping it will be okay for viewing in my approx 12ft long room.

So, when are you planning to go for one? Waiting for a 2012 model? :)

Regards,
sammydude

Uhh-ohh, my other responses to Blasto and Santy are waiting for moderator approval. Wonder when they'll get posted. :sad:

Would 6-8 feet be good viewing distance for this 51" TV? My friends are scaring me saying that I need to sit far back for a TV of this size.

6 ft is too close for this size of a panel. 8 ft is good enough for HD contents, while I feel atleast 10 ft required for SD/ DTH. Its all about your tolerance.

Hi,

Just two days back I asked for this TV for my cousin at Banjara Hills, Samsung Plaza. He said the best prize is 65k with 2 3d Glasses free. But its not in stock and he will order it once we make a confirmation and will get it in 5-7 days. Hope it helps.

Sajjad.

So, is the price of 65K (with 2 free 3D glasses) worth it ?
Or as Blasto mentioned, we should be looking at a price of 60-63K?
3D glasses won't be free when the price is 60-63K?

sammydude

So, is the price of 65K (with 2 free 3D glasses) worth it ?
Or as Blasto mentioned, we should be looking at a price of 60-63K?
3D glasses won't be free when the price is 60-63K?

sammydude

Yeah, 60-63k will fetch you only one glass. And 2 glasses kind of offers you can get only in Samsung plaza and not with other retailers like croma/reliance et all.

Enquire Bajaj Electronics kukatpalli and banjara hills and also khather electronics in SP road before finalising. Numbers in the justdial.

You get offers only on stocks they have in godown since they will be interested in freeing up space. If they have to order for you, forget any kind of negotiations.

Go for group deal and negotiate 63k with 2 glasses for 2 pieces. Thats the bottom at this point I would think.

BTW, Sajjad has a 64D8000!! :clapping: Mouth watering. You should see it.

Would 6-8 feet be good viewing distance for this 51" TV? My friends are scaring me saying that I need to sit far back for a TV of this size.

No. Not for SD. It will be bad.
You can watch only enjoy HD from this distance.
If you want, drop by my house. Send me PM for details.

Hi,

Checked with Samsung Plaza, Madhapur...He is quoting a price of 69K with 2 3D Glasses...its in stock with him...Its the best price he says he can offer...

Finally my Cousin bought this TV for 64k with 2 3d glasses. The TV is really awesome for the price. I'm not able to differentiate the picture quality from the LED TV which I had.
Picture quality is Fabulous and it plays all formats through USB.
The Screen is reflective but not a deal breaker though.
One more TV was in stock if anyone is interested, can check them out.

Finally my Cousin bought this TV for 64k with 2 3d glasses. The TV is really awesome for the price. I'm not able to differentiate the picture quality from the LED TV which I had.
Picture quality is Fabulous and it plays all formats through USB.
The Screen is reflective but not a deal breaker though.
One more TV was in stock if anyone is interested, can check them out.
Congratulations:clapping:. hope your cousin enjoys it to the fullest! i wanted to know if Samsung service center in hyd offers any extended warranty like sony on their tvs???
i wanted to know if it is offered across India or not bcoz some people report that Samsung dont offer any extended warranty!!

No. Not for SD. It will be bad.
You can watch only enjoy HD from this distance.
If you want, drop by my house. Send me PM for details.

Ohoo.. ok ok. I measured my room. I can sit and watch from 12 feet max. So, I guess that should be enough for SD. But I'll be using it mainly for HD movies, 3D movies and PS3 games. Thanks Blasto! Sure will come over and bother if required. :) But I did get a sense of the distance I should be sitting after seeing a demo in Samsung Plaza, Madhapur.

Am back after a break! :)

Update on my progress:
Checked the TV in Samsung Plaza, Madhapur. After some negotiations they were willing to give for 66.5K with 2 free 3D glasses. I said I was planning to buy in Feb. They said there could be a remote chance that price may come down. But they were not sure.
Gave their card and told me to keep in touch. Really liked the demo too. I asked the person giving the demo whether the price will come down after 2012 models come out in March. He said the 2012 models are expected to come in June '12 only.

What do you guys think? Service-wise are the Samsung Plazas better than other retails like Bajaj, Reliance etc?

Thanks
sammydude

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back