Where in Mumbai (or online) should one look to buy speakers/amp/audio equipment

Hi @NRK No worries, house hunting comes first. I stay in andheri, and I guess my apartment has few flats available for rent. You can PM me.

I have friends and audio buddies who come home just to listen my system. Anyone is invited from Mumbai :)

Coming to the setup, like @raghupb suggested go for a stereo setup. You can even get a good used integrated amplifier under 20k, but if would suggest buy new speakers. IA outlast more than AVRs and rarely have problems.

Stereo setup will always sound better than AVR. Even though I have a x3700 which is the latest offering from Denon, I still listen to music on humble NAD 320BEE from 2000 era 90% of the time, it sounds that good.

@gourav congratulations getting everything done. Would like to see updates in your thread in pictures too.

If it is male dog, tower speakers, for some strange reason, look like lampposts or fire hydrants to dogs.
And the speaker grill is also fair game.
So you may want to push the purchase a few months at least until your dog weans out of puppy behavior.

PS: We used to have a Boxer who, even after becoming becoming an adult, had almost succeeded peeing on my amp.
I had nicknamed him "Ampere"

Cheers,
Raghu
He (male dog indeed) needs no further encouragement, as he's named 'Chew'bacca. I think I'll start reading more about bookshelves...
If you think canines engaging in nonchalant chewing and pissathons are a handful try being up against vaulting toms and pussies using EVERYTHING in sight as a scratch pad.

agreed, I don't think chewie or I would be alpha enough to deal with even a slightly moody kitten.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back