Where to buy onkyo 606 in mumbai?

Where to buy onkyo 606 in mumbai? (Grey market)

What are the shortcomings of buying a AV in Grey market?

AVRs are complicated equipment. I would suggest that the additional cost of buying from a dealer is well worth the peace of mind that you get. A good dealer would also help you set up the system and use its capabilities and features well. He will advise you associated equipment as well as equipment such a speakers that would go well with the AVR.

At the same time you must remember that the dealer would obviously try to sell the equipment he has.

Cheers

Where to buy onkyo 606 in mumbai? (Grey market)

What are the shortcomings of buying a AV in Grey market?

Hi u can buy it from Sound out at Heera Panna, Tardeo, MUmbai. Call on 23514625 or 23525889 and speak to a guy called IRFAN.

Now buying from grey means absolutely no service back up. U are on ur own once u walk out of the store with the AVR!
Regards

Now buying from grey means absolutely no service back up. U are on ur own once u walk out of the store with the AVR!
Regards[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dinyaar, this is my first AV receiver. so what if there is a problem 6 months down the line, are there any paid service centres?

Hi Prasad,
If there is a problem it can be rectified but u will have to pay parts/labour and sometimes blatant overcharge!!!!
Also some of the distributors here do not conduct even a paid service/repair on stuff not purchased from them.
Am not sure of onkyo but the warranty offered on most AVRs is 1 year so if the price difference is vast u could consider grey.
I personally buy stuff like cell phones, DVD players etc from grey but have purchased the Audio gear through the country distributor for peace of mind!
Regards

Last edited:
Hi Prasad,
If there is a problem it can be rectified but u will have to pay parts/labour and sometimes blatant overcharge!!!!
Also some of the distributors here do not conduct even a paid service/repair on stuff not purchased from them.
Am not sure of onkyo but the warranty offered on most AVRs is 1 year so if the price difference is vast u could consider grey.
I personally buy stuff like cell phones, DVD players etc from grey but have purchased the Audio gear through the country distributor for peace of mind!
Regards

Onkyo India will not talk to you unless you have bought the system from them. That seems to be their company policy. But for equipment you purchase from them, they provide a one year warranty.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back