Where to buy Philips PFL5609 in Mumbai

stranger_33

Hi friends, I am very new to this forum, and this is the first time I am buying a LCD tv as I was using 29 inch CRT till date. I have read a lot of threads on this forum from lots of very knowledgeable people, and it has given me good insight on LCD tvs and which one I should opt for. I have minimized on below two options:

Philips PFL5609/5409 (32 inch)
Samsung B450/B530 (32 inch)

Now my biggest issue is my budget constraint, which is between 25-30 k. I went to Vijay Sales in Santacruz, Croma in Bandra but none of them had any LCDs in this price range. Moreover, Vijay Sales didn't have Philips tv, and Croma only had PFL5409 model available. I can stretch my budget a little bit here and there, but can't stretch is way too much and so was looking for some help from fellow members of the forum on where I can find the best price for these televisions.

Also, there is one more thing that I wanted to highlight. I am going to keep this LCD in the living room, and my sofa is about 15 feet away from the tv table where I plan to keep this tv. I know this viewing distance is way too much for even a 42 inch tv, but I can't afford more than 32 inch due to budget constraint. I will try to adjust my sofa little closer or do something about reducing the viewing distance, though I am not sure if I will succeed as all my furniture is fixed one. But just in case if I am not able to reduce the viewing distance, what problems will I face with a 32 inch LCD tv and 15 feet viewing distance?

I will really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Karan

Hi Spiro, thanks for the reply. I went to Croma y'day and they quoted a price of 37k for PFL5609. The sales guy told me that the price was 38k few days ago, and has gone down by 1k now, and there was no possibility of any further price negotiation on this. He also mentioned that during Christmas there was an offer of a free Philips home theater (which according to him was a discontinued model) along with this LCD, but it is no longer available. Also, the sales guy told me that I can buy an extended warranty on this LCD for another 2 years, making it a total of 3 years (1 + 2) by paying 1800 Rs. more.

Now I am confused as to what to do, as my budget is definitely not this high for just the LCD. If there was a home theater included in this price, than I would have definitely bought it without thinking twice as I will eventually have to buy a DVD player and speakers which will mean that I will have to invest atleast 5-7 k more. Do you think there is any store where I can buy this LCD (genuine-with bill) at a price of 32-33k?

On a different note, there was a Sony 32 inch HDR LCD on sale at Croma for 33k (BE3 - I don't remember the exact model) which looked quite decent. But I guess I have pretty much decided on the Philips FHD one if I find it at a decent rate.

Please help me if possible. Thanks again.

Karan

I went to Croma y'day and they quoted a price of 37k for PFL5609. The sales guy told me that the price was 38k few days ago, and has gone down by 1k now, and there was no possibility of any further price negotiation on this.

Seems prices are much higher in Mumbai when compared with that of Delhi. I purchased mine two weeks ago @ Rs.32.5K

Mumbai,they charge octroi upto 5% more.I got for 34120 with 1+2 warrenty.
My case is different & consider as lucky.

http://www.hifivision.com/dealer-feedback-review/7352-philips-after-sales-review.html

Actual price was 33120 & added warrenty offer(1k).
I can say,if you really like philips,then try finance option without thinking.
As said earlier,try local Philips dealor OR new TV town which can give more discount.Before going for Phil,I has almost finalised LG LH-35.
Price was 34k to 36k(croma/vsales)I got lowest price from newTV town as 32k & even local LG dealor was ready to give for 33k.

So need to search.:)

Hi Spiro, where did you buy you TV in Mumbai at this lower price? And is your price including the 1+2 yr warranty??

Croma only,
I got the last piece which was in display,so I cld bargin & I exchanged lator with new due to panal problem(service centre).
check the link posted earlier.

I saw your post.. but I doubt if I can be similarly lucky.. by the way,

rx2389 - did you get this price by doing an exchange of your old tv?? This price looks very tempting, and too good to be true.. I am not sure if I should buy the Philips LCD now itself or wait for a month or so to see if there is an offer by some vendor or if the prices go down on this LCD.. and I don't even have any tv at this moment, so if I decide to wait for 1 month, I will be tv-less for a month :(..

Any comments on the Sony televsions on sale these days? As mentioned in my first post, I saw a Sony 32 inch HDR LCD.. (with BE3 chip) for 33k at Croma..

I went to "New in Town" store today (just before Sumaria sales in Mahim), and they didn't have any special pricing.. moreover they mostly had LG LCD's with 1 or 2 Sony models, and the prices the sales person quoted was really high. So I went to Sumaria after that to check out the prices.. Sumaria didn't have Philips LCD and the sales guy mentioned that Philips LCD's are crap and one should only buy Philips home theater and nothing else.. but I knew this is all their sales tactic.. So I just looked at whatever they had available. They had a lot of Samsung LCD's and a few Sony and LG's.. Out of all these, there was one good deal that I saw.. which was for Samsung B530 32 inch LCD which was around 35,500.. But I don't know much about this tv, and I couldn't even see it as Sumaria sales in Mahim didn't have that available on display.. so any idea on how this model is?? and is it comparable to Philips pfl5609?

Hello Stranger,

Philips 5609 is an awesome TV. I bought it 3 weeks ago, and I am loving it. I too had the budget constraint, as I had to buy other electronics goods too, like fridge, washing machine etc. So I took Bajaj Finance. I bought it B'lore for 34000 after discounts. No freebies or exchange offer.

So, as Spiro has also said, go for financing (you will hardly pay 500 rupees more, on top of the price of TV). :)

Hi harry,nice to see you after long gap.:)
Can you post your setup?

Oh yeah Spiro, I've been busy at work these days. :(
By setup, do you mean the brigtness, contrast, etc? I somehow like the settings that I got by using the picture assistant, and sometimes switch to your setting (the one you gave last), when I dont find the Picture assistant settings good on some channels/movie watching.

And have you managed to get a stabilizer for yours? I've not...

Setup meens Photo of your LCD ,Table top OR wall mount etc.
I started using Spikeguard & no stabilizer yet.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back