Where to buy?

amit.gaharwar

Hello all,

I live in Pune and I don't have an idea which all audio shops or areas to go to scout for my 5.1 A/V receiver + SWF + speakers purchase.

Can anybody help me regarding this? Shops, retail stores where I can do my audio shopping.

Cheers,
Amit Gaharwar

You can get Yamaha products at Vijaysales,
AV products at -http://www.soundandvision.in/player.htm

in Pune.

Hello all,

I live in Pune and I don't have an idea which all audio shops or areas to go to scout for my 5.1 A/V receiver + SWF + speakers purchase.

Can anybody help me regarding this? Shops, retail stores where I can do my audio shopping.

Cheers,
Amit Gaharwar

what is your budget? I can suggest depending on brand & price readiness of a couple of shops here in Pune. Silo media is the best with prices - and the owner Mr. behram will give you honest rates - mention hifivision and take my reference.

BTW if you are planning to go to Silo soon - let me know - its been some and i heard some new marantz gear was headed their way.

AVXellence at DP Road is another option

+1 for SiloMedia
-1 for Sound n Vision (I didn't like the attitude of the guy there)

Last edited:
what is your budget? I can suggest depending on brand & price readiness of a couple of shops here in Pune. Silo media is the best with prices - and the owner Mr. behram will give you honest rates - mention hifivision and take my reference.

BTW if you are planning to go to Silo soon - let me know - its been some and i heard some new marantz gear was headed their way.

I agree with Suprateep. You will meet Sudarshan too there.
If you are looking for Yamaha amplifier then SoundNVision on East Street is good.

Last edited:
I went to AVExcellence yesterday (11th July).
I saw the Onkyo 5105 and he is quoting 36,000 with no additional cables (HDMI, coax, etc).
In this forum I came to know that I can get the model for below 30,000.
Which has shaken my faith in AVExcellence

I will be going to Silo today (12th july)

Thanks Suprateep.

I can stretch upto INR 50,000 (if I get something awesome for both music and movies).
My usage is 70:30 music and movies and I like to hear to music and I hate when speakers crank and squeak when music plays.

So if the forum can advice me on some players and suitable place in Pune to buy, it will be really great !!!

Hi amit,

If your preference is 70% music, please forget Onkyo . Marantz AVR's will give you a good balance for music and movies.

Cheers,
sri

Hello all,

Cheers,
Amit Gaharwar

Here is what I had discovered when I was researching.

• AV-Excellence in Akshay Complex (You already know and visited)
  • Silo media in Mittal court (opposite Mahesh lunch home/near lal deval)
  • JBL brand shop East street (next to Dass electronics or Mitsubishi car showroom)
  • Sound and Vision (Just next to JBL brand shop; I heard he is closing down in Pune and moving to Mumbai; more into distribution than retailing)
  • Pankaj electronics on Lakshmi road (Near Limaye natya mandir)
  • Rohit enterprises Shukrawar peth (Behind Mandai ganpati; Got his reference from Lakozy with whom he has partnered. Lakozy Mumbai are distributors for PSB, DefTech NAD etc. I felt he gives the best rates in Pune for AVRs & speakers though he does not have a jazzy/flashy showroom; sells from home. Unfortunately I discovered him two days back after I bought my system. He also manufactures supplies wall mounts brackets to Lakozy and few other dealers in mumbai and thats why I contacted him)
  • Vijay sales on station road (Next to BMW showroom; try other branches also)
  • There is one on North main road Koregaon park but I dont remember the shop name. It is near Pizzahut in the building where Pizza corner used to be. Another land mark is opposite the 'Teri Rajput dhaba' which is pretty famous there.
  • Audio Vision on MG road (Hope I got the name correct; it is a shop next to audio palace/Maharashtra store)

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of any further help in your hunt.

Good luck!!

Forgot to mention about Maharashtra electronics on Tilak road and MG road. He is dealer for Yamaha. Sells HTiBs and entry level models. Ofcourse the Bose showroom in Eshanya mall (I am just listing the places and not arguing nor want to debate about its VFM). I have not been to Eshanya recently; check if any new AV store has come up there. It is still coming up and there are good chances of something available.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back