Where to go for refilling my HP printer ink

kaushik

One nice gentleman have sold a Deskjet D1560 for < 1k .
I offered 500 until testing has been done .
The printer has 2 dried cartridges , want to go by refill way .

Where in bangalore can i get a reliable refill for HP black ink ?

cartridge is HP 21. Until i import a wow campatible cartridge

It is better if the refill go in a pizza price like 200 or so .

If this cartridge has a chip embedded on its circuit, refilling may not work. Refilling on your own is a very messy affair. There are many roadside stationery shops that do refilling. Why not take the cartridge to them and see whether they can do it?

HP 21/22 is colour and black. It costs around 200 for black at cartridge world. I had one and used the black refill quite a few times.

There are cheaper options also, but cartridge world is good.

HTH

I have a HCL H505 printer with the same empty cartridge issue. What can I do about this? Do I get a new cartridge or get it refilled?

HP 21/22 is colour and black. It costs around 200 for black at cartridge world. I had one and used the black refill quite a few times.

There are cheaper options also, but cartridge world is good.

HTH

yup i will pick from them :)

Check with the nearest cartridge world. Even warranty on some printers is held with cartridge world refills.

A better option instead of a refill would be to buy "HP 21b" which is a lesser known product of HP cartridges and is the same as 21 only the colour is different.
This is a cheaper version of "21" with Simple Black (Grayish Black), which is good and acceptable. This will cost you about Rs. 450-475/- just half of the 21 Black which is about Rs. 950-975/-.

It is widely available and will give you good prints page after page for half the price.

Moreover, refills do not last long and you ultimately end up paying more or less the same.

If the cartridge is dry it wont get refilled. I have been refilling my HP cartridge since a long time. Black unk refilling done here max Rs. 70 and very good quality.The trick is to get it refilled ASAP once the cartridge ink gets over. This will prevent the ink jets from getting clogged up.

I'm sorry I totally disagree with you on this one-have been refilling by Laser printer cartridges and inkjet cartridges for years with excellent results., and saved myself a few thousands-certainly more than the cost of a few printers, I think!

>Moreover, refills do not last long and you ultimately end up paying more or less the same.

If the cartridge is dry it wont get refilled. I have been refilling my HP cartridge since a long time. Black unk refilling done here max Rs. 70 and very good quality.The trick is to get it refilled ASAP once the cartridge ink gets over. This will prevent the ink jets from getting clogged up.

The cartridge dried and i did a good refill in 50Rs but ink was not coming out .
The did DIY with hotwater + bloating paper trick.

1 or 2 test prints i got in excellent quality . but the dried up ink is spoiling the show and i will not play the unending game rather will buy a new cartridge .

best part of the printer is as long as mechanism is fine the head you get a new one with every cartridge ,it is a part of cartridge .

being desperate , i will pick a fresh black cartridge for 499 . Uff!

Since you are in Bangalore please head to SJP road and you would find many guys refiling there. For DIY enthusiasts please use the following technique for dried head : Use cleaning alcohol (also available on SJP road). Please drop a few drops on the head and wait for 2-3 minutes before lightly rubbing with soft paper/cloth. You One other technique I have used to bring alive dead printer cartridges is to subject the head to the steam from a pressure cooker ! It works with a subsequent cleaning with alcohol. If you are filling ink by yourselves then use a good branded ink pl. Be aware that once you get into refilling then it is a constant exercise !

One more unorthodox pressure cooker application! A recent innovative use of a pressure cooker that I experienced was at an ayurvedic spa when I went for a course of traditional Kerala massages-they use it to build up a decent head of steam for the steam chamber that you sit in post massage. Fascinating..

Although i bought a ink ctg , DIY worked like charm.
my method :

1.cleaned the dried head with IP alcohol , which is the STAPLEs Tv cleaner
2.dipped the head in hot water bowl and rubbed with clean cloth and let the ink boat.
Repeat this with test print/clean head session..
finally u will see 'wet' head all the time.

For my printer the test/clean mode is activated by "holding the power button and closing the upper door 4 times!"
3.put cloth on head sucked by mouth (there is a device to do that, iwas in a hurry:eek:)

initially i felt i cant make it to work
yesterday , gave test print ...ooh lala the CTG is back in action(bought new CTG anyway).

pics of print :
30vc5fs.jpg

actual print is laser sharp...
enjoying free like prints .
One question.. can we refill 10 -20 times , if not why?

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back