Whereabouts of speaker designer Mickey Registrar at Pune

Status
Not open for further replies.

captrajesh

Staff member
Hi all,

Sometime back, I had visited Mr. Mickey Registrar, a niche speaker designer located at Pune who worked in KEF on the recommendation of Viren.

I'm surprised there is no mention of him in this forum anywhere.

I had seen a review of his speakers in AV Max also.

Has anyone listened to his speakers?

Hi all,

Sometime back, I had visited Mr. Mickey Registrar, a niche speaker designer located at Pune who worked in KEF on the recommendation of Viren.

I'm surprised there is no mention of him in this forum anywhere.

I had seen a review of his speakers in AV Max also.

Has anyone listened to his speakers?

bumping this post -

but no, not heard of this man.

@suri & iaudio

Somehow I missed your posts.

Got his No. & spoke to him. He says he is now concentrating only on European markets.:rolleyes:

Says he'll make speakers on firm order but has increased the cost to 3L.:sad:

Captain, good to know you got through to him and bad news that his products are so out of reach.
Have you auditioned his speakers?
Titus

Have you auditioned his speakers?

Hi Titus,

I had a listen to his full range multi driver speakers when I visited Pune way back in 1998. They sounded fabulous. He uses Vifa Scanspeak drivers. The size of the speakers is quite intidimating. He was quoting 70k for a pair then.

70k has gone up to 300k in a span of 12 years! Captain, you should have made your move back then! Or why dont you go Suri's route? DIY! I am sure you can do it if you put yourself to it.
Anyways one of our mumbai, pune members should try and listen to his latest creations.

70k has gone up to 300k in a span of 12 years! Captain, you should have made your move back then!

Gee:eek: Didn't have 70k then. Don't have 3L now:mad:

In fact, his speakers were reviewed in AV Max some years back.

why dont you go Suri's route? DIY! I am sure you can do it if you put yourself to it.

Sure but I need to 1st develop the passion & get energy levels that Suri has. And to circumvent the deep pockets that he has, I should probably become a "Circuit" (aka Munnabhai's sidekick) of firstly Suri & then of Mickey to gain requisite expertise.:D

one of our mumbai, pune members should try and listen to his latest creations.

If anyone wants, I can send the contact details via PM. (It may be improper for me to post his number in the forum without his consent.)

Seriously, a group of wannabe DIYers amongst us can do a community speaker building effort under his guidance.

Of course, we must convince him first. My gut feeling is, he can be.:licklips:

Volunteers; raise your hands please.

Capt Rajesh,

Are you still interested in Mickeys speakers?

I own a pair, specially modded by him. Have upgraded to Magneplanars recently.

The speakers are in mint condition and sound brilliant!

Will sell for a reasonable price.

Also have a Proceed AMP 3 that drives them (they need power) for sale as well.

Hmmm thats an bump for an more than 2 years old thread!now where is captain?sure he is upgraded financialy and audiophylicly now:p

Saw this just now & realise how important is "you've been quoted" feature.

@dee dee I've moved on & have upgraded my speakers twice. After Acoustic Portrait MS101 I now have Upgraded to Cadence Aristas. I'm not looking else would've surely considered .

May be you should reveal the price & pics here; someone may find it interesting. BTW which is that amp? Never heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back