Which adapter converter and 3.5 aux for Bose SoundDock XT?

RMCWS

My wife gifted me a Bose SoundDock XT. It is bought from US. (I will try to write a review later).

The dock comes with a two pin (flat) adapter which reads as input 100-240V. So I guess the dock will run in Indian conditions.

Pic of the existing plug is attached.

adapter.jpg

However, I would like to know what will be the best/ reasonably priced converter for the adapter so that it can be used in Indian style 3 pin plugs.

And also suggest a reasonably priced 3.5 aux cable so that I can connect it to my smart phone (sony xperia) and play some music. (I don't have an iPhone)

Most aux cable available in flipkart and amazon are priced between Rs.100-300. Is it a wise idea to buy it from them or get at least something professional/ better.

Thanks in advance.

Actually any plug that connects to the 220v wall socket and lets you connect the 110v plug will do. Visit the local electrician or shop, it should be dirt cheap.

Does the sounddock have Bluetooth or wifi? I use both my sounddocks wirelessly, so try that first instead of a 3.5mm cable. I've not found sound lacking either with Bluetooth or wifi and in addition if you run a DLNA server on a laptop or PC and have an Android smartphone (which you do) you can play music wirelessly and from the PC without needing to store them on the smartphone.

The sounddock xtdoes not have a bluetooth/ wifi, so I guess the only option left is a 3.5 aux.

So right now looking for a suitable 3.5 aux cable. Later might opt for an external bluetooth connector.

Finally got a convertor (30 bucks) and a cheap aux cable (40 bucks) and the set is working fine. Will do a review sometimes later.

Primary source is phone and a ten years old 2GB ipod.

Do you guys think I should continue with the cheap convertor and aux cable or should I go for some decent one? Will there be any significant improvement?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back